Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-06-2002, 04:27 PM   #1
D*one
Manshoon

In assuming that I had abolished all those pesky mantraps.
Whilest on the way to find jathil, I ran into one more, ak. So by the time I could not run anymore, I found myself on the west most side of surugeons. I was hoping that it followed me but it did not. Now, I am fortunate enough to know that yet another one exist and is lurking somewhere in the woods just waiting for my untimely appearance. I just hope that this is the last of the mantraps in the woods of Ishad n'ha.
D*one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 04:52 PM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

Though RARE, Mantraps do respawn now and then. I think I met a dozen my first game, but that was unusually high.

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2002, 05:23 PM   #3
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

That's nice to know! It took me three attempts before I wised up and let my wizards take care of them from a distance. I hate them worse than the dragon!!! And now to here that they can spawn a couple more times!? That's nice to know!
Static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 02:18 AM   #4
D*one
Manshoon

Ok so my own quest is to find the "queen" mantrap and kill her off, then maybe, just then, there would be no more mantraps.

Thanks for pushing my hopes even further into the ground Wyv ;P

Well at least one good thing can come of it, more exp. points. hmmm, I think I am off to hunt it down. Just hope another doesnt pop up from behind.

peace

[ 02-07-2002: Message edited by: D*one ]

Old 02-07-2002, 05:21 AM   #5
Jazzid
Manshoon

Is there a queen mantrap?! Where? I'd love to punish it for what her spawn did to my party just outside Ishad N'ha [img]smile.gif[/img]

//J
Old 02-07-2002, 08:31 AM   #6
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

LOL!!

No, there is no "queen" mantrap to do in! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Most players only run into the initial 3 Mantraps outside of Ishad N'hahahaha. It is RARE to run into more. I was just "lucky"!

Saz did a couple of Gael Serran Examiners on Hugh (a mantrap) which are worth ferreting out. Will have to see if search works correctly enough to locate them!

Wyv
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2002, 10:37 AM   #7
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

In the game I'm currently playing there was 5!!!!
The last I meet with the man traps, when I knew I was getting close to them I took a few steps & looked around , took a few more steps looked around and so on until I seen them. that's when I blasted them with every thing my magic users had. Other wise, by the time I walked up on them, at least one of them was behind me and then it was to late.
Old 02-07-2002, 09:56 PM   #8
Dr.Pick
Zhentarim Guard

Yeah, the mutant plants of the GS can be deadly. FYI, there are cousins of theirs, called "Jungle Lillies" lurking in a dungeon near YOU!! They can also respawn on occasion like the Mantraps. Have a nice DAY!!

+Dr.Pick
Old 02-11-2002, 04:02 AM   #9
D*one
Manshoon

Wyv,

Ok so the *queen* mantrap idea was a false one. However, that would be cool if they did have one though, worth at least twice the exp points of one mantrap. Maybe triple if she was pregnant with a litter.

Dr. Pick,

I have heard of the jungle lillies....I am trying to take one monstrosity at a time, otherwise *at least I think* I would not beable to get thru the game.
Old 02-11-2002, 08:44 AM   #10
Static
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yeah, I think that would be cool having something like a queen mantrap, but you know she would have guards if there was one!

I wonder if there is downloadable enhancements to this game as in other games I've played?

Though I would have to seriously consider this one, I would have to be brain dead or bored with the game(but I don't think that's going to happen for quite some time)