Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-19-2004, 12:42 PM   #11
Calagari
Manshoon

Before you started playing did you upgrade all your drivers to XP versions? Not just what XP may have done but download them from the net?

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto:
Yeah, it did check the system first. The XP installation (which took a long time) seemed to go o.k., and I was even able to play IWD with it for a little while. Then, all of a sudden, C*R*A*S*H!!! Nothing worked. I couldn't even get the thing to boot up in safe mode. So I reinstalled the original OS, and now everything works fine.

By the way, jmsteven, I think you're a bit of a jerk, and you talk off-topic all the time.

Also, just kidding.
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 12:50 PM   #12
CerebroDragon
Red Wizard of Thay

3D SuperBall Champion Asteroids Champion Battle of Helms Deep Champion Moon Patrol Champion Pac Man Champion
Spy Hunter Champion Super Mario Mushroom Champion
Nasty stuff Otto - hopefully you'll get back into lucking out with some good characters soon.

I actually had my first case of a 'frozen screen crash' within the IWD environment tonight. I was walking towards the edge of the screen and hit the 'map' key and the music just started jarring and looping like a bad disk jockey glitch. Had to hit the ol' reset button!

Thankfully I'd only just left the Evening Shade Inn for the Vale of Shadows, so I didn't lose any major gameplay time.
- Brilhasti Ap Tarj
CerebroDragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2004, 01:07 PM   #13
Otto
The Magister

Quote:
Originally posted by Calagari:
Before you started playing did you upgrade all your drivers to XP versions? Not just what XP may have done but download them from the net?
No, I just used the CD. I'm far too lazy to go through the installation process again. I think I'll leave well enough alone.
Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2004, 08:51 AM   #14
Calagari
Manshoon

XP is so much better than 98. Plus 98 is no longer being updated. It really makes sense to bite the bullet and reinstall XP. It is your computer and your choice but myself I would make the move as long as you already have the product. I would in advance download the XP drivers needed and have them on a CD to install after XP finishes its install.

Quote:
Originally posted by Otto:
quote:
Originally posted by Calagari:
No, I just used the CD. I'm far too lazy to go through the installation process again. I think I'll leave well enough alone. [/QUOTE]
Calagari is offline   Reply With Quote