Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-16-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
Pyrius
Dungeon Master

Im a graveyard shift(9pm to 6am) cashier at a gas station right of a very big strip of shops and clubs. Everyone in my area stops there at least once. Since no one likes to work that shift, what with the threat of robberies and such, I have plenty of job security(yes there is a pun there). I make mad loot, there is a large dance club next store where everynight is ladies night and a strip club across the street. I do next to nothing in the way of actual work, get free stuff from the store and listen to whatever kind of music I like. I get benefits and since there is the above mentioned threat of robberies I get hazard pay for friday and saturday........I believe I have found the ultimate lazy mans job....
Oh and did I mention the boss let me set a tv with a PS2 in the back?
Old 09-16-2004, 09:19 AM   #2
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Wow, apart from the robbery thing, that sounds pretty good, especially if you get to play games
Old 09-16-2004, 11:59 AM   #3
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

It's like Clerks all over again.
Old 09-16-2004, 12:46 PM   #4
pritchke
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

My job is pretty cool too.

I basically sit and wait until something needs to be posted to the web, or someone notices an error on the web, or wait untill someone needs a small application built, or form tested, or scripted, or just needs to know how to do something with Scripts, Oracle, SQL, or has a question about one of the applications used like Access, or Dreamweaver ect. Sometimes it can be pretty busy but other times it can be really slow so I get paid to sit and wait, while waiting I am usually on Ironworks. So it is like getting paid to post on Ironworks , unfortunately I don't get to play games at work, that is a no,no

[ 09-16-2004, 12:50 PM: Message edited by: pritchke ]
Old 09-16-2004, 12:56 PM   #5
Dron_Cah
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

Defend Your Castle Champion Frogger Champion Monkey Diving Champion Summer Games Champion Donkey Kong Champion
Moon Lander Champion Space Invaders Champion
Wow, you guys have awesome jobs! i need to get one...
Old 09-16-2004, 02:46 PM   #6
Yanez
Manshoon

And I thought I had a cool job. I work in a small heat treatment factory and only in an afternoon shift (2pm -10 pm, with occasional overtime up to max. 1am). I work alone (boss leaves around 5pm), cutomers are scarce in the afternoon, and processes in vacuum furnaces last 4 - 8 hours. Furnaces are computer controlled, so I check them only from time to time, but when I do my paperwork I can just sit, wait, relax, watch TV, surf the net, even play games.
But ofcourse thera are also drawbacks, such as loading/unloading of furnaces when pieces are hot, and sometimes heavy. There are lifts and forklifters, but its much faster to grab a 30 kilo piece of steel and heave it to another loading basket, than to wince around it with a lift
Old 09-16-2004, 04:49 PM   #7
Gxc
Elminster

sounds good, i dont have a job yet because of my age but when i do i hope its close to as good as that, but yeah the robbery thing would suck but other than that it seems fun.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:52 PM   #8
RevRuby
Fzoul Chembryl

i have a great job! i wake up, feed, change, and clothe children, then i space out to the net til about 10am. then i watch montel, put in a movie, clean, sit on the computer again, make lunch, convince 1 or 2 kids to nap, then space out til nathan gets home.

unfortunatley not all of that gets done.
Old 09-16-2004, 06:56 PM   #9
Jorath Calar
Harper

I also work in a gasstation, but it's a service station, and I have to pump gas, change oil and whatnot. I'm also responsible with keeping the place clean so it's not as glorious as yours Pyrius [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 09-16-2004, 07:12 PM   #10
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Save your hazard pay for a few weeks and buy a bullet proof vest.