Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 08-18-2001, 04:05 PM   #1
Istaron
Banned User

You see, there is this girl I have a little crush on. Today is her birthday, so to impress on her, I was thinking on makeing a little card for her.
I have drawned a picture and scanned it, now I am about to edit it and then puting it in the card...
BUT, for some reason, frigging Photoshop only uses the colors white, grey and black this day. No other color it accept, it only turns into grey!
I made a picture for BG 2 just yesterday, and at that point, everything was working great... can anyone tell me what happend? I am using Photo 6.0

------------------
We call him Bobby Corwen
Old 08-18-2001, 06:48 PM   #2
Sir_Tainly

Quote:
Originally posted by Istaron:
You see, there is this girl I have a little crush on. Today is her birthday, so to impress on her, I was thinking on makeing a little card for her.
I have drawned a picture and scanned it, now I am about to edit it and then puting it in the card...
BUT, for some reason, frigging Photoshop only uses the colors white, grey and black this day. No other color it accept, it only turns into grey!
I made a picture for BG 2 just yesterday, and at that point, everything was working great... can anyone tell me what happend? I am using Photo 6.0

Sounds like you have the picture saved as a gif, with few colours, try loading the picture, going to the pull down menu "Image" select "Mode" and set it to "RGB".

------------------
Holy Avenger of the OHF and part time Pinguindiebjäger

Old 08-18-2001, 07:12 PM   #3
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

yeah, he has it set to greyscale. needs to be rgb mode

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 08-19-2001, 05:14 PM   #4
WOLFGIR
Bastet - Egyptian Cat Goddess

Unless you want to print it out for her.. Use CMYK mode..

When you scanned the picture did yoou perhaps scan it in greysacale? Some scanner don´t do grayscale previews unless you tell them too... Might be that problem.

On the picture, where the name is, you can see in which color mode you are currently working in.

------------------

Yawning lazywolf dreaming about nice little fairies...zzzzz
Wolfgirs lair
once-upon-a-paper