Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2003, 06:47 AM   #71
Masklinn

Quote:
here then if tyou do not belive me, it tells everything you would ever want to know
http://www.kryptoprogramm.de/break-a.html
Hello everyone.

I was browsing this forum, like I do almost everyday, and suddenly came across this link above (in the quote). Unfortunately, I clicked on it. It was a mistake ! I thought it was a cooking recipe or something like that ... but no... it was....horrible ! It was a HACKER SITE ! OMG !

Who is mean enough to post that on such an innocent forum to trap ppl this way ?!?

I've been on the site and now my life is in danger. The hackers will hack me, they have my IP. The feds will fed me, they have the proof that I could be a potential hacker (I've been on a hacker site ! WIth a skull and all !).

I'm screwed...But before something really bad happens to me, my duty is to inform you all to be very careful : Stormystic is posting HACKER SITES URL on our good and innocent forum. Watch out ! Stay away from her ! And don't click on anything coming from her !!!!

j00 h4V3 b33N w4Rn3D !
Old 05-07-2003, 07:03 AM   #72
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Light Bulb

Me too, i clicked on the link as well.... am i gonna die now ?
Old 05-07-2003, 07:57 AM   #73
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Ah the CrimsonButterKnife is the master Hacker himself. He will gain access to the evil hackers' base and destroy them all quicker than you can spread butter on toast! Don't mess with him!
Vasky, you completely crack me up! What a way to start the day... thanks mate [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

[/QUOTE]

I think this disussion has gone on waaaay too long. Now children, what have we learnt? Tell Uncle Vaskez. No playing on the Internet without a firewall and dedicated crackers will still get in if they really want to but 1) who cares? (oh no they might do something to my files!! if you're that worried, you will have backups anyway, personally I don't care what happens to my comp I can always recover it) and 2) the chance of that is minor as people have said.
Old 05-07-2003, 08:33 AM   #74
Zero Alpha

ok lets see. say the feds have the choise of tracing 2 people. one is you who just stumbled onto the site, the other is a hacker known for band fraud. now say its not just you and a hacker, its you and an entire site of hackers. chances are the feds dont care, and neither do the hackers. after all the number of accidental click throughs a hacker site must get it probably large.

and btw s/w firewalls alone are a waste of time. they only will stop the most mundane of script kiddies. get a hardware firewall like one built into a router. the combination should deter most people.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:11 AM   #75
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:
ok lets see. say the feds have the choise of tracing 2 people. one is you who just stumbled onto the site, the other is a hacker known for band fraud. now say its not just you and a hacker, its you and an entire site of hackers. chances are the feds dont care, and neither do the hackers. after all the number of accidental click throughs a hacker site must get it probably large.

and btw s/w firewalls alone are a waste of time. they only will stop the most mundane of script kiddies. get a hardware firewall like one built into a router. the combination should deter most people.
Sorry to drag this thread off topic, but do I know you possibly? Its just a friend of mine from back home in Surrey uses the line: "No, I will not fix your computer!" as a kind of catchphrase. He's studying Computing at Southampton you see... I think he had it made into a T-shirt eventually... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img]
[img]\"http://img1.ranchoweb.com/images/sproutman/certwist.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br /><br /><i>\"And the angels all pallid and wan,<br />Uprising, unveiling, affirm,<br />That the play is the tragedy, man,<br />And its hero the Conquerer Worm.\"</i><br /> - Edgar Allan Poe
Old 05-07-2003, 09:19 AM   #76
harleyquinn
Symbol of Cyric

Quote:
Originally posted by Barry the Sprout:
quote:
Originally posted by Zero Alpha:

Sorry to drag this thread off topic, but do I know you possibly? Its just a friend of mine from back home in Surrey uses the line: "No, I will not fix your computer!" as a kind of catchphrase. He's studying Computing at Southampton you see... I think he had it made into a T-shirt eventually... [img]graemlins/laugh2.gif[/img] [/QUOTE]Only if he is from "Think Geek.com". Otherwise he got it from them. This site is one that many of the programmers I know go to and love the shirts there.
Old 05-07-2003, 09:53 AM   #77
Mordenheim
Elminster

Quote:
Originally posted by Masklinn:
quote:
here then if tyou do not belive me, it tells everything you would ever want to know
http://www.kryptoprogramm.de/break-a.html
Hello everyone.

I was browsing this forum, like I do almost everyday, and suddenly came across this link above (in the quote). Unfortunately, I clicked on it. It was a mistake ! I thought it was a cooking recipe or something like that ... but no... it was....horrible ! It was a HACKER SITE ! OMG !

Who is mean enough to post that on such an innocent forum to trap ppl this way ?!?

I've been on the site and now my life is in danger. The hackers will hack me, they have my IP. The feds will fed me, they have the proof that I could be a potential hacker (I've been on a hacker site ! WIth a skull and all !).

I'm screwed...But before something really bad happens to me, my duty is to inform you all to be very careful : Stormystic is posting HACKER SITES URL on our good and innocent forum. Watch out ! Stay away from her ! And don't click on anything coming from her !!!!

j00 h4V3 b33N w4Rn3D !
[/QUOTE]them dang recipes lead to all kind's of trouble hey [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-07-2003, 10:07 AM   #78
Zero Alpha

Nope i dont go to southhampton. funnily enough i have been to thinkgeek.com though, but the saying is just one i need to use alot anyway :>
Old 05-07-2003, 10:09 AM   #79
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Horatio:
quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Oooooh.... scary....
Don't be mean, she was worried [img]tongue.gif[/img]
How would you like it if you were caught surfing a site that you shouldn't be [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
[/QUOTE]shhh! don't tell everyone about THOSE sites he goes to! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I don't think you have anything to worry about SM- you can't be the only one to find the site and frankly it would be far too much work for them to go after everyone who does! Besides, how do they know you aren't there because you are a friend of one of them or something? I wouldn't worry too much.
Old 05-07-2003, 10:20 AM   #80
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:

I don't think you have anything to worry about SM- you can't be the only one to find the site and frankly it would be far too much work for them to go after everyone who does! Besides, how do they know you aren't there because you are a friend of one of them or something? I wouldn't worry too much.
Baaaaah! Baaaaaah! Cloudy showing intense sheep-like tendencies posting the exact same message that about 20 others have already posted.