Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-07-2000, 12:48 AM   #1
Griffyn

I'm on level four in the Dragon's Eye, but I just discovered that I do not have Albion's Key. Is this item necessary?

BTW, if you have a Paladin leading your party, you enter combat immediately upon entering level three. I'm sure glad that I was rested *before* entering that level!

Thanks.
Old 11-08-2000, 12:47 AM   #2
Rouver

You GET his key in level four....are you getting the levels mixed up?
Your paladin immediately saw thru the priests & started fighting them on level 4? Cool (kinda). Did you get experience points for revealing that they were fakes? Or does your paladin just have really low charisma?

At any rate, I think you only need the key in level 4 to open doors (maybe). Since it never tells you when you DO use a key, unless you don't have it, you never know when you need it.
Old 11-10-2000, 02:11 PM   #3
Griffyn

Yeah, I was confused. It was level four. I went back to that level and it was still on the floor where he died. Everything else was gone and it wasn't obvious that there was something there.

I think that I got the standard experience for unmasking them. My paladin has the minimum charisma (17), but I guess that I should double check that Wisdom score.

You must need the key on either level four or five. I found one room on level five that I just could not get into (High Torturer), but I got fed up and teleported inside.
Old 11-10-2000, 06:15 PM   #4
Rouver

huh. when I walked thru that level, ALL the doors were automatically opened once I revealed that they were snake people.
Old 12-01-2000, 03:26 AM   #5
spudchick

To get into the room with the High Torturer, there is a "switch" that you need to press to open the door. Follow the passage to the room that is just past where you know the High Torturer is and look along the back wall. There's a block on the wall that you need to click on in order to open that door. I think it's next to a bookcase or something...if I'm remembering correctly.
Old 12-01-2000, 11:40 AM   #6
Rouver

how strange..THAT door was open for me as well. The only one that didn't open up when I uncovered that these people were actually snake worshipers was the door w/ the prisoners in it
Old 12-06-2000, 05:19 PM   #7
Leafy
Zhentarim Guard

you guys are getting confused on your levels here. the high torturer is one level down from the seemingly peaceloving priest level. Here's the problem with that level: you need Albion's key to open certain doors. Now, if you discover the priests are evil snakemen, all doors open. However, if you REST after the fight, the doors all close again, so you'll need the key. Either search for the key, or don't rest until you're by the exit to this level
Leafy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2000, 07:50 AM   #8
Silverblade
Dungeon Master

You will need Albions key to open three doors on level four, one being the main door to level five.
When I first encountered him I missed the key he dropped, you'll find it in the first room you enter into on this level. I can't remember if it was a significant body count that allowed me to miss it or what but that's where you'll get it - and you will need it to complete the level.
I know because I faced this same problem myself and had to ask here for hints.
Silverblade is offline   Reply With Quote