Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2001, 09:42 AM   #1
Balor
Dungeon Master

Well I've played many a' other multiplayer games in my time and non has never boogled my mind as this game. I mean how would it work over the net this game is just way to freaken long to play with a friend and keep it going. I mean you can start your game in multiplayer and not play with anybod else heck I've done that just so I could play around with the different people and pick my own party and not have anoying Jaheira and that Fairy girl fighting all the time.. But honestly how would you people play BG2 over the net?

------------------
Yeah, Yeah Yeah I know I can't Spell. So don't ask me what I just wrote!!
Old 06-15-2001, 09:50 AM   #2
Mack_Attack
Osiris - Egyptian God of the Underworld

I would have to agree with you with. This game takes along time to play. It would be impossible to get every one to sit around at the same time to finish this game off.
Old 06-15-2001, 10:06 AM   #3
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

I think most of the people who play online with other poeple usually have well established characters and if they are using new characters they are experienced with the game. Make a time to play and dont miss it (like i do, sorry Reeka).

Also it might help if you know your ip address so you can send it to the person who is hosting the game.

Its not too difficult to play online. Just like the normal game. Some slower machines will have a hard time keeping up with the host. Distance will produce lag and can cause your computer to lock. Slower machines may lock even if youre next door.

Still fun anyway though.

Give it a go.

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 10:08 AM   #4
Earthdog
Emerald Dragon

BTW WELCOME TO THE BOARD!!!!!!!

------------------
THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-15-2001, 10:13 AM   #5
Encard
Quintesson

I'm going to guess that a lot of the time, people play through part of the game with friends, and part by themselves. I don't really know, though.

------------------
Darkness will devour your soul...

[This message has been edited by Encard (edited 06-15-2001).]
Old 06-15-2001, 10:21 AM   #6
Balor
Dungeon Master

Yeah ill play multiplayer over say an IPX connection (which i have 8 computers hooked up at home :mad with one of my friends. However, playing over the net just boogles my mind in how THE HELL COULD YOU FINISH THE GAME!!! but i think i might give it a go some time and play on the net.. but i take there isnt some sort of always running server out there you genneraly set a playing time with some frinds and just play right there and once done thats the end of that server..

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 10:37 AM   #7
Cavern Sniffer
Elminster

You only need the host IP, the host doesn't need yours.

------------------
It's bleedin dark down here, slippery too.
Man, that's a pisser.
Old 06-15-2001, 04:07 PM   #8
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

It is a pretty in depth thing doing a multi on-line. I host two. If you want more info, just e-mail me and I'll be happy to share how we do it. I would be glad to help.

------------------
O_H_F

Old 06-15-2001, 04:24 PM   #9
Balor
Dungeon Master

Kool pic!! But yeah if I ever decide to play online ill be sure to to contact you...

------------------
Old 06-15-2001, 04:48 PM   #10
Reeka
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Thanks, Balor, for the complement, and if I haven't said it before welcome and visit the General Discussions sometime.

------------------
O_H_F