Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2000, 12:34 AM   #1
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Here's a possible Easter Egg/Red Herring in IWD: there's a small hut in Kuldahar, past the clearing where the statue of the Great Druid is, just before the little snow bridge to the east of the map. If you try the door it comes up with that stupid message saying "This door is magically barred blablablabla and may have magical wards etc etc" which is Biowarespeak for "You need a special key so piss off until you get it". Did anyone ever get into that hut? Not that I really care, but I'm just curious.
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 01:03 PM   #2
Rouver

I've heard that it was supposed to be part of the plot that was scrapped, so instead of redrawing the whole area, they just locked the door. According to the same person, they DID get inside (don't remember how), but said there were just a couple of low-level weapons & maybe a few coins. Whatever it was, it didn't sound like it was worth it to me, so I dropped the idea of trying really hard to get in there. They suggested that it might be used in HoW, however.
Old 11-17-2000, 03:56 PM   #3
Khanar Tor'vel

I heard you could use some cheat to warp you to the inside of it if you know the right code for that room. It was posted on this forum before several times in the past.
Old 11-17-2000, 04:59 PM   #4
Pippin
Dungeon Master

I've heard that the door will figure into the upcoming expansion set, which apparently starts in Kuldahar.
Pippin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2000, 10:19 PM   #5
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks everyone...been playing BG2 too much...
Memnoch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2000, 06:40 PM   #6
Azred
Drow Priestess

"That person" would be me. I used MoveToArea to get into that room (don't recall the area code right now--I'd have to look through my IWD notes) and then I found that you could also change the Global Variable for the door, thus allowing entry. Until Heart of Winter, there is nothing in that little room except a +1 sling and some gold.

Hope that satisfies some curiosity for you folks. If you have any other IWD questions then don't hesitate to ask.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote