Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 08-28-2001, 10:03 PM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

Hey all. Wondering what levels you have to be to add proficiency points and/or new weapons for fighter/ranger/paladin.

Currently my party consists of myself (human male sorcerer), Minsc, Jahiera, Yoshimo, Aerie and Nalia (damn stuck up little *%^%&, she kept trying to run away from a fight - just finished her 1st quest and will drop her like a hot potato).

Here's my problem - I have the Flail of the Ages but Minsc is the only one in my party who is even eligible to wield it. A few levels ago I was given an extra proficiency slot and I used it on 2-handed sword for Lilacor. Minsc just became 10th level and didnt get another proficiency slot.

Wanted to add Anoemen (spelling?) back into the party again but can't find him (he's not at the Copper Coronet now, 35 days into the game, think he's off on his own quest and I'm SOL). Korgan was a pain in the A.. (I have a good party) and havent gotten to the Paladin quest yet to add Keldorn (is that his name?)

I looked in the book but didnt see any tables listing when you get to add extra proficiency slots. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 08-28-2001, 10:20 PM   #2
Accord
Ninja Storm Shadow

For fighter types (i.e. fighter/ranger/paladin), I think you get 1 proficiency point for every 3 levels you have advanced.

------------------
Long live H22A1!!!!!
Old 08-28-2001, 11:16 PM   #3
Nerull
Lord Ao

Warriors - 1 for every 3 levels
Priests and Rogues - 1 for every 4 levels
Wizards - 1 for every 6 levels

------------------

Death is only the beginning...