Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-23-2001, 05:09 PM   #41
John D Harris
Ninja Storm Shadow

Skywalker,
We're in the same boat together on that one (12 grades and tech school)! Maybe that is what is needed a couple of "Joes" sitting down over a beer or two and hashing it out from a simple perspective, use the K.I.S.S. method.
Again I apologize if I came off harsh on you earlier. IMHO I have found that you,and others Moridin and G'kar to name two others, that are to my "Left" politcaly. (Let's face it Reagan is to my Left ) Are honest and open and willing to talk and listen, that is all that I ask, I'll meet anyone in the middle.

------------------

"the memories of a man in his old age,
are deeds of a man in his prime"
Old 09-23-2001, 06:42 PM   #42
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Epona:
But we're ready to bomb the S*** out of starving children who have never committed a terrorist act in their lives? Come on people!

That's what I am worried about.. I was HOPING they would just send in elite teams to track him, not an entire FLEET...

I have a bad feeling this will set off a much LARGER conflict..

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-23-2001, 06:48 PM   #43
Silver Cheetah
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
Originally posted by J.J.:
THE LORD HELPS THOSE WHO HELP THEMSELVES - Proverbs. We're just gonna help those suckas. Think of us as real estate brokers - just your friendly, worldwide real estate agent. We feel their pain, we're just going to help them with their final real estate deal, and buy them their very own piece of real estate, 6 feet under. Really, our intentions are just misunderstood, the jealous mewlings of those who are not so fortunate as to recieve our help in the real estate field. Well, you know how to get it now, don't you?

That is disgusting and vile. Oh well, at least you're honest about where you're coming from.

------------------
Old 09-23-2001, 07:23 PM   #44
adam warlock
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

oh crap.... we are so in trouble...
Old 09-23-2001, 07:33 PM   #45
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Why is a show of military might neccessarily an implied notion of bombing the s*** out of innocents?

Sounds to me like too many people are jumping to conclusions that Afghanastan is going to become nothing more than a hole in the ground!

Does anybody see, that while the government may be against us, most of the people are for us in an 'attack' on Afghanastan. This is one of the poorest most oppressed nations on earth...and yet you make it out like if we take our their government and terrorists hiding in the hills, that they will be worse off I don't get it! We are not going to carpet bomb the place, we are going to rid the world of a few terrorists, an oppresive regime, and hopefully bring peace and prosperity to the true Afghani people

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-23-2001, 07:44 PM   #46
Tancred
White Dragon

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:

That's what I am worried about.. I was HOPING they would just send in elite teams to track him, not an entire FLEET...

I have a bad feeling this will set off a much LARGER conflict..

World War 3, in all likelihood. World War 1 sparked off because of the terrorist assassination of one duke. Battle-lines are already being drawn up. The only reason this is not looking to be a world war yet is because the Taliban have no allies supporting them.
Old 09-23-2001, 09:06 PM   #47
Fljotsdale
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

Quote:
Originally posted by Moridin:
Why is a show of military might neccessarily an implied notion of bombing the s*** out of innocents?

Sounds to me like too many people are jumping to conclusions that Afghanastan is going to become nothing more than a hole in the ground!

Does anybody see, that while the government may be against us, most of the people are for us in an 'attack' on Afghanastan. This is one of the poorest most oppressed nations on earth...and yet you make it out like if we take our their government and terrorists hiding in the hills, that they will be worse off I don't get it! We are not going to carpet bomb the place, we are going to rid the world of a few terrorists, an oppresive regime, and hopefully bring peace and prosperity to the true Afghani people
Oh, Moridin, Moridin! Sometimes I wonder about you! I really do! You REALLY think military action is going to bring peace and prosperity to the Afghanis?

Sorry. I wasn't going to say anything else!

------------------

Old 09-23-2001, 09:47 PM   #48
Lorathon

I was hoping someone would advise me if the ending that I seem to be consistently getting is the correct one. I beat Draak, go back to town, put the Astral Hand on the Monolith, get trapped by the townsfolk, and end of game?? Is this right????

Old 09-23-2001, 09:52 PM   #49
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
Oh, Moridin, Moridin! Sometimes I wonder about you! I really do! You REALLY think military action is going to bring peace and prosperity to the Afghanis?

Sorry. I wasn't going to say anything else!

They sure as hell won't get any peace and prosperity as they are now Fjlotsdale. You do know there is a war going on there don't you? Does "the northern alliance" ring any bells?

------------------
I am the walrus!.... er, no hang on....

A fair dinkum laughing Hyena!
Old 09-23-2001, 09:53 PM   #50
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by Fljotsdale:
John? Remember? 'love your enemies'. 'Vengeance is MINE, I will repay, saith the Lord'
Uh.. Fljotsdale.. hmm.. final judgement is God's in the end, but I don't know anywhere the Good Book says rulers should not punish murderers, thieves, rapists and terrorists who murder innocents. They should be be tried, convicted if guilty and punished. If that is not an option because they would rather fight a war (holy to them) than face Caesar's justice, what remedy is there?

You know I'm not a gung-ho overzealous patriot with delusions of murderous vengeance. Er.. at least I hope so, by now! But I see few alternatives at this point. Sad as that may be.

Cloudy, tossing in her tired two cents worth

------------------

Raindancer of the Laughing Hyenas Clan
Storm-Queen
Raven's Cloud
StormCloud of the Black Knight: Heart Mind Soul Forever
"To sleep, perchance to dream..."