Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 06-07-2001, 11:17 AM   #11
Ashoka
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I remember the happy days of the beholder games (though part three sucked bigtime). I also remember a fantastic game called black crypt (for the amiga) much quicker "engine" than in the beholder games and it had a cool magic system.
Ofcourse I have played all the golden box games. I remember the psycho dual classed characters.. lvl 30 figther dualed to a mage.. hehe. And the delayed blast fireballs that did 120 hp's of damage.. hehe.. And how easy a dragon was to slay. I also remember how it was possible to transfer characters between dragonlance and forgotten and still keep most of the magic items..

enough of this rambling

Greets
Ashoka
Old 06-07-2001, 11:12 PM   #12
Azred
Drow Priestess

Quote:
Originally posted by Lord Shield:
BT2 annoyed me because at certain points you HAD to leave PCs behind to take on crappy NPCs to bypass some snares. Still, they were excellent games

I remember that! 5 levels of Oscon's Fortress just to find out you had to leave 3 party members behind. *ugh* On the other hand, I doubt I'll every reach 100th level in SoA .

------------------
An intelligent mind is the key to the universe.

The most distressing thing about practicing magic is the fact that even the most learned sorcerers cannot accurately describe what magic *is*....
Old 06-08-2001, 06:38 AM   #13
Zateel
Zhentarim Guard

I really enjoyed "Curse of the Asure Bonds" and "Secret of the Silver Blades", some old SSI goldbox games. In some ways, they were more complex, allowing you to carry gold, silver, copper, electrum, and platinum.

A more recent classic which is also excellent (and downloadable for free) is "Betrayal at Krondor".
Old 06-08-2001, 07:10 AM   #14
Bleys
Dungeon Master

Did anyone Play those Dragonlance games they made 12 - 13 years ago around the time of Bard's tale was replaced. I had it on my old 8bit computer.

It was side scrolling game wandering round a single dungeon. It was quite short takes only 3 or 4 hours to complete) and at the end of the game you had to kill a Dragon (Which I did) and you had to pick up a disc but I did not and lost the game, but because the game was tape loading I could never be bothered to load it again.

Anyone else remember this game, and it's full name?
Old 06-08-2001, 07:19 AM   #15
Lord Shield

Quote:
Originally posted by Bleys:
Did anyone Play those Dragonlance games they made 12 - 13 years ago around the time of Bard's tale was replaced. I had it on my old 8bit computer.

It was side scrolling game wandering round a single dungeon. It was quite short takes only 3 or 4 hours to complete) and at the end of the game you had to kill a Dragon (Which I did) and you had to pick up a disc but I did not and lost the game, but because the game was tape loading I could never be bothered to load it again.

Anyone else remember this game, and it's full name?
Jeez, I remember that. You could switch between the Dragonlance characters (Tanis, Tasslehoff, Caramon, etc). Took me a while to beat it
As for the name, I can't remember. I had it on either the Atari or Amiga
I think I got the most kills as Flint Fireforge because you could throw axes or something

------------------
In the kingdom of the blind, the one-eyed man is pimp.
http://lordraptor0.tripod.com/index.html

Old 06-08-2001, 07:21 AM   #16
Charlie
Lord Ao

I remember those games. I thought Dungeon Keeper was awesome, ahead of it's time too. You could also throw items at creatures in that as well btw. I can supply a link if you want it where you can d/l all of these games, EoB, EoB 2 etc etc. I'm pretty sure it's an all legal and above board site. Let me know and I'll see if I can dig it out for you.

------------------
One love, peace.
Old 06-08-2001, 07:27 AM   #17
antonius
Zhentarim Guard

Charlie,

That would be cool! - post the link or mail me
Old 06-08-2001, 07:28 AM   #18
Link
Jack Burton

i'm feeling young again!!! Thanks, grumpy old men!!!

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......
Old 06-08-2001, 07:36 AM   #19
Neb
Account deleted by Request

Quote:
Originally posted by Zateel:

A more recent classic which is also excellent (and downloadable for free) is "Betrayal at Krondor".
Yeah, Betrayal at Krondor was cool, it had something which I've never seen in any other game, except for the others in the series(Betrayal In Antara and Return to Krondor) which was that you got weaker when you were wounded, that was cool.

Old 06-08-2001, 07:37 AM   #20
Link
Jack Burton

I know Return to Krondor! Read a review in a game magazine.. wasn't to excited about it...I am waiting for Warcraft 3, ToB (DUH!!!) and Emperor, Battle for Dune at the moment..

------------------
In the foul darkness one figure will emerge to save the world from evil and despair.... Light flashes as his sword comes down, and thunder rolls through the sky when he points his sword up to heaven to signal his victory....People whisper his name as he walks by, evil tries to hide as they sense his presence nearby.... His name? Link......