Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 12-06-2004, 02:33 PM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

when you contemplate something small- your own heartbeat, the falling snow, the way a leave moves as the wind blows through the branches of a tree...things that make you stop and smile or think of something else that makes you feel warm and cozy. Those moments when you feel content with who you are and what you have and all the world is that little scene out the window, reminiscent of an old time greeting card or warm hot chocolate on a winter night, soft kisses from a loved one... the things that make you feel warm, mushy or just plain happy, at least for a little while.

I wish we could capture the feelings those moments can bring up and make it a pill or potion we could take when life gets crazy.

I was watching the snow fall outside my office window at lunchtime today and it made me think of those small quiet moments that mean so much, but happen less often than we'd like.

As Christmas approaches, I want to wish everyone a few of those contemplative moments and much happieness. (you don't even need to celebrate Christmas...just enjoy the good wishes!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

[ 12-06-2004, 02:34 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 12-06-2004, 03:12 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

I bid you peace... the peace of a cold day in front of a warm, crackling fire with big, heavy snowflakes falling from the skies to turn everything in sight into a pure and beautiful paradise.

Those moments when I get that feeling of one-ness and purpose areless frequent than I'd like, but perhaps all the more valuable because of their rarity.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Old 12-06-2004, 03:30 PM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Absolutely, Bungleau, absolutely! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 03:44 PM   #4
Aelia Jusa
Iron Throne Cult

Tetris Champion
Sometimes I sit and watch Tuppence sleep, with her little heart beating and making little cat noises... and it makes me feel all peaceful and snuggly inside [img]smile.gif[/img]

At uni we have 3 man-made lakes, and they have heaps of ducks and water birds and turtles that live in them. Every year two female ducks have ducklings and they go off for duck excursions together with the ducklings. This year they have four each (although lately they seem to have picked up another one, I dunno where it came from!). I always park down by the lake so I can look out for them when I'm walking up to my building or back down to my car. I like to check up on them and make sure they're okay, and seeing the little fluffy ducklings grow into big sensible adult ducks is a real treat [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-06-2004, 03:44 PM   #5
dplax
Jack Burton

I most savour those moments, when I manage to get of the rush of our world, or the moments I spend with people I like, but have not much time to see.

Example for the first one: sometimes me and the family or me and some friends go off hiking in the mountains in Hungary. Out there in the peacefullness of nature, without the sound of cars, or city life and with mobile phones switched off I am able to have some of my most peaceful moments. Just watching the countryside next to you can be extremely satisfying at times.

For rare moments with people: I see my brother increasingly less over the years, since he has moved to a different town in Hungary to do studies first and now he works there. I see him maybe up to six times a year (even less than that since I study in France) and so whenever I meet him, those are very rare moments, and we try to make them the best possible.

Then there are also those times when you manage to have special moments with people you see everyday. I have a few of those also.

Then there are the simple moments, when in the middle of doing something your mind wanders off and you daydream during a few minutes, and when your mind snaps out of it you wish it had gone on for a few more mins...
Old 12-06-2004, 03:51 PM   #6
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
Erm....Cloudy...have you been drinking again ?
Old 12-06-2004, 05:52 PM   #7
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by johnny:
Erm....Cloudy...have you been drinking again ?
LOL, no, Johnny,but if you have, then this is a figment of your imagination in a quiet moment.

Aelia, that's one of my favorite things, watching the cats sleep...it's a warm/snuggly moment, for sure.

Dplax, thanks for sharing that. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you have some good moments with your brother this year.

[ 12-06-2004, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Cloudbringer ]
Old 12-06-2004, 05:54 PM   #8
dplax
Jack Burton

Quote:
Originally posted by Cloudbringer:
Dplax, thanks for sharing that. [img]smile.gif[/img] I hope you have some good moments with your brother this year.
I certainly plan to. Although for this year I only have the Christmas Holidays left, I am sure we shall have good moments during that.

Old 12-06-2004, 06:04 PM   #9
Variol (Farseer) Elmwood
Jack Burton

Wow, great moments everybody.. 'sept Johnny, of course. I think life is all about those little moments, I love 'em, call me mushy (no don't). Maybe it's the holiday season upon us.

Now, dplax: I hate you! You got a new avatar again! I'm posting like a madman and I'm still a stupid Quincy!

edit: don't know how the type "wow" oops

[ 12-06-2004, 06:19 PM: Message edited by: Variol (Farseer) Elmwood ]
Old 12-06-2004, 06:11 PM   #10
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

the moments that I feel at peace is when the world is covered in ice, the moon is shining high above us. the gentle wind is blowing through the trees making everything shine like diamonds. and the chance just to walk in that world, where everything seems to be touched by magic, the peaceful sounds of a creek runing under a thin layer of ice. *sigh* even thinking on this brings me peace [img]smile.gif[/img]