Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2001, 07:07 PM   #1
Ares

Anyone have any tips for defeating Kangaxx? Im going to try soon and i want to know what i should do.

------------------
Old 10-27-2001, 07:25 PM   #2
Seraph
Quintesson

Have plus 4 weapons.
Have atleast one character will Spell Immunity ready, use it with the Abjuration setting. Make sure this character is closest to the lich when he dies.
Old 10-27-2001, 07:29 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

chessy tactic alert - survive kangaxx the liches spells ( if you cant do this, you _dont_ want to fight kangaxx the demi-lich. try to take them all on one char, preferably the one with god-like save on everything. (you do have a char with god-like save, dontcha). now he will attempt to engage you in melee, what you want to do is lure him to the left of the entrance, kill him, and then vanish through the entrance. my original idead was to trigger off all his spells and force him to waste them. this is impossible. so, what to do is go back down, find out who he attacks, reload and then put a scroll of magic protection on said character. head back down, and DO NOT MOVE. just bash him with all the usual plus 4 weapons. also the gesen bow can harm him for some reason.

your reward will be the ring of gaxx, a cool item that should go on a fighter.
Old 10-28-2001, 02:24 AM   #4
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

Your options are:
  • If you have a berserker in your party, their Berserker Rage will protect them from Imprisonment. You can then use a +4 to-hit weapon (Flame Tongue is +4 to hit, +1 damage and is the cheapest one you can buy) which will work on Kangaxx;
  • Buy a Protection from Magic scroll and use a +4 to hit weapon on him; or
  • Use a Protection from Undead scroll AFTER he turns into the demilich. Don't cast when he's still a lich as he will ignore you and the dialogue requiring him to turn into a demilich will never take place.[/list]
    ------------------

[This message has been edited by Memnoch (edited 10-28-2001).]
Old 10-28-2001, 03:26 AM   #5
mans
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I think the best tips/advices I got when trying to fight Kangxx (as well as other liches) is that 1 what Memnoch mentioned (avoid at all costs imprisonment -- a bad thing 2 remember to stall and stay away 3 characters in Baldur's gate (including Kangxx and you) have a limited supply of spells! pretty much helpful by just hitting and running... sooner or later any NPC will run out of spells. Just make sure your hitter/runner has boots of speed or Hasted. 4 also, I found out that waiting too long to take on Kangxx does NOT actually make the fight easier... he gets tougher too. I guess that goes for most other fights with NPCs. Is there an automatic adjustment thing behind the scenes of the game that pits a suitable strength for your opponents depending on your level?!? Just curious.
Old 10-28-2001, 05:35 AM   #6
daan
Silver Dragon

I think so ...
I'm a solo assasin/mage lvl 16, 21
And i have been running into enemy's i never ran into with my party of people in the last game.
I'm getting frigging overwhelmed by liches in the shade-lord quest

Then again, maybe i just forgot, after all, it doesnt say anywhere that the game has such an strenht-adjustment
Old 10-28-2001, 05:53 AM   #7
Barry the Sprout
White Dragon

Right - how many times do I have to say this before anyone listens:
Traps.
Plant traps where the first lich form will raise. When he does so he will be killed instantly. How you deal with the demi-lich is your own concern. I recommend hitting him with +4 weapons from a distance. Whenever the Imprisonment spell graphic gets close to you run through the door. If you haste whoever is doing the killing then you can get a couple of shots in each time and he won't touch you. You can speed the process up by summoning monsters and telling them to attack him. He will Imprison them first giving you an extra couple of shots before having to run away. He goes down quite easily really. Also I find the Ring of Gaxx quite useful for bards as there aren't many armour class increasers they can wear. Has anyone else noticed that you can't wear jester chain and cast spells. Surely a bit of a joke for the jester in question... (geddit)...
Old 10-28-2001, 08:09 AM   #8
Snitzella
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I only used Anomen with the Crom Faeyr to fight kangaxx. First I made him cast the 7. lv spell Shield og archons and after that the 6. lv spell blade barrier. It worked very good.