Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-31-2004, 10:54 AM   #1
Harkoliar
Jack Burton

cmon! dont be shy and brag all you guys want. tell your stories from bingo to life threatening situations. I wish to know who among you people can declare yourselves lucky. i for one am not lucky because i have not one a single bingo game in my entire life and in jackpot prizes as well.

so i need your help guys!

there is a 23million AUD jackpot this saterday and i need a number combination containing 45 balls numbered from 1 to 45 inclusive. and there is an additional 2 supplementary number. . cmon give me your suggestions. it cant hurt asking for suggestions can it? [img]tongue.gif[/img] .

for people who are remotely curious what im talking about. here is the link
https://www.ozlotteries.com/index.php

do note: im doing this just for kicks and im not a gambling fanatic or any negative thing related for it. if i win then i would be the happiest man on earth, if not.. well too bad [img]smile.gif[/img] . heck, i only spend .70 aud cents for one ticket and i always get 2 (thats the minimum). i cant believe some people paying as much as 500-1000+ dollars.. crazy .. even with 15,000 tickets, there is 15,000/ 8 million plus chance to win.. oh well.. im just rambling dont mind me..

[ 05-31-2004, 11:07 AM: Message edited by: Harkoliar ]

Catch me if you can..
Old 05-31-2004, 12:21 PM   #2
Jorath Calar
Harper

I buy a lotto ticket when the pot is high, hasn't been out for 3 times or so. Of course I never winn anything, except once I bought two tickets for 1500isk (About $15), the next day I asked the store clerk to see if I had won anything (I hate to go over it my self) and amazingly both of them was a "winner"... both had the minimum jackpot 450isk and I got 900 isk ... hardly enough to cover the prize of one ticket... [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2004, 12:56 PM   #3
Stormymystic
Knight of the Rose

do not understand what you are asking for :/ I do not play the lotto, more money than I can spare
Old 05-31-2004, 01:09 PM   #4
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
I'm extremely lucky. Things always seem to fall into place for me, because I believe they will. I do not play the lottery, because I have little desire to test my strength of will against impossible odds and have my entire belief system shattered.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 05-31-2004, 01:42 PM   #5
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

You mean your belief system will be shattered because you want to believe that you will win if you play the lotto, but really you know you won't? Damn, your belief system must be based on shaky ground then. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-31-2004, 02:36 PM   #6
Link
Jack Burton

While in Johannesburg, South-Africa, for the World Schools Debating Championships I was in a shop where they sold all this authentic African stuff, and decided to buy a djembe (African drum). I was halfway out of the store, when suddenly someone tapped on my shoulder. It was the shopkeeper with my wallet which I had left lying on the counter. Everything was still in it, and the stupid thing is I was so baffled I could only stammer something like 'thanks man' before he took off again. Remember that this was Johannesburg, probably the most dangerous and criminal city in the world! Talk about being lucky!! [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-31-2004, 02:48 PM   #7
Attalus
Symbol of Bane

Well, I have a beautiful wife and two fine sons and am reasonably healthy, *knocks on wood*, so I consider myself lucky. As for the lottery, I believe your chances of winning are the same whether you play or not.
Old 05-31-2004, 04:30 PM   #8
Illumina Drathiran'ar
Apophis

5 Card Draw Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
You mean your belief system will be shattered because you want to believe that you will win if you play the lotto, but really you know you won't? Damn, your belief system must be based on shaky ground then. [img]tongue.gif[/img]
I don't believe I will win, because I mock people who believe they will. If I were to mock myself I would have to respond with a witty retort, and I would stand there arguing with and insulting myself until the nice men in the white suits put me in the nice cozy room with the bouncy walls.
...Again.

http://xkcd.com/386/
http://www.xkcd.com/406/

My heart is like my coffee. Black, bitter, icy, and with a straw.
Old 05-31-2004, 06:28 PM   #9
TheCrimsomBlade
Lord Ao

I've never won the multi-millions but I have won over $100,000.00 U.S dollars in in the past 20 years playing Lottery games and I usually win when I play poker in Los Vegas Nevada. I have proble won 5 or 6 time as much as I've lost over the years. The biggest win was 12 years ago and that was $35,000.00 befor the Tax man got his 32%. So $24,000 after taxes was nothing to complain about since I only bought one $1.00 ticket that month. Last summer I won a 32in Hitachi color T.V. at a Bingo game just for being the first to cover my whole card and I won $1500.00 this last American football season. in fact I won another $750.00 this year during the super Bowl. I bought a total of 7-$10 dollar squares on three Sheets that each had 100 squares. Each quarter of the game everyone has the chance to win $250.00. I had 0/0 on all three sheets and had thought, there is 30 dollars waisted maybe one of the other 4 will be better. Then at the end of the first quarter of play the score was 0/0 that ment I had won the first quarter on all three sheets, at $250.00 each = $750.00 Win. My wife says I'm to dam lucky and I asked her why? She then says I married her didn't I. LOL! she is funny at times.

[ 05-31-2004, 06:30 PM: Message edited by: TheCrimsomBlade ]
Old 06-01-2004, 09:47 PM   #10
Lauren
Baaz Draconian

I don't have any luck. Most of it is chance.
"So many thoughts running through my head, I know what you feel, I know what you dread; When a room's filled with laughter, when a room's filled with lies, you're the only one I know that's in disguise..."