Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 07-17-2002, 04:04 PM   #1
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Ok just finished BG2 and yeah, it was pretty cool but I can't help wondering what I missed as i'm sure I did miss some quests/adventures....you see the reason i'm wondering is because my wizard never quite got to level 9 where she could cast 'Time Stop' and all that, at will (do u realize how much I wanted that spell?) rather than from scrolls so i'm guessing I missed XP opportunities. I know for sure that I missed the sahaugin city as I took the portal from Spellhold rather than Saemons offer to ship.
Really I thought I was pretty meticulous in pursuing quests and stuff, there was nothing left in my 'Quests' journal as everything I had *HEARD* about had been done - save 'finding a caretaker' for some girl (anyone?).
Oh also, those two forests that appear on the map later on in the game - whats the deal with em? I did explore em but there was nothing of real interest there and i wonder are there other adventure hooks related to these two places (i think they are north forest and sharp tooth pass or something), its weird to me because these are the only two areas in the game that do not fit in with some kind of storyline, they simply, appear like the areas did in BG1. Anyways it got me wondering.
Old 07-17-2002, 04:10 PM   #2
Kaltia
Jack Burton

Actually, unless you abuse CLUAconsole of the Galvena xp cheat, you can't cast lvl 9 spells in SOA.

The wolf is as cunning as he is ferocious; once he's had a taste of flesh then nothing else will do.
Kaltia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 04:18 PM   #3
Chocolate Man
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Spoiler
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
\
If the girl you are talking about is with the priest of Lathander in the graveyard, go talk to the paladin on the other side of the graveyard. If you speak nicely to him you can get him to agree to take care of the girl. You then need to follow the paladin back to the girl where you get your XP reward.
Chocolate Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 07:03 PM   #4
SixOfSpades
Dracolisk

True-- the EXP cap for SoA stops Mages just short of being able to cast 9th level spells. You want power, buy ToB.

Chocolate Man is right on the money with the "little girl" quest.

I don't like the North Forest or Sharp Tooth Pass either, especially the fact that you can't go there until Chapter 6. I suppose the designers originally had some plan for them, but they were rushed to get BG2 out the door and didn't get everything finished. There's a long lists of buggy quests, quests that never really got fleshed out in the game, and quests that were never even implemented in the game at all.
Old 07-17-2002, 07:24 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

THe 2 forests are just for some XP, and fun. I never got to do a lotta quest my first time round either. I missed out on the Demi Lich, Twisted Rune.
SecretMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2002, 08:12 PM   #6
Willard
Fzoul Chembryl

Also why when you enter the 'North Woods' or something like that a vampire approaches you and says aomthing, but I couldn't find any other vamps on the map. Just some wyverns, djinnis and efreetis, yuan-ti, moose, and a party of dudes.
Old 07-18-2002, 08:20 AM   #7
Sir Exxon
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Willard:
Also why when you enter the 'North Woods' or something like that a vampire approaches you and says aomthing, but I couldn't find any other vamps on the map. Just some wyverns, djinnis and efreetis, yuan-ti, moose, and a party of dudes.
There are two vamps in the North Forest, both located at the grave longest up north. They are only there at night, though.
Sir Exxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2002, 08:59 AM   #8
Maxamus
Manshoon

Good time to add a mod there huh

Fresh land is always good