Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-04-2001, 08:04 PM   #41
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

What the heck, transformers? Dunno, guess cause I'm a girl, and am old LOL, I don't know what these things are. Ummm, I had a Steve Austin doll once when I was ten, you could look through the back of his head, and there were crosshairs you could look through. For what, I do not know, as he had no weapons ... Didn't help him much anyways, as the dog got him, chewed his legs and buried his head behind the shed, go figure... doh!

------------------
Old 09-04-2001, 08:25 PM   #42
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Grand-Ranger:
its a sad day in history when grown men talk about cartoons...

No, it's not.. it means you're not afraid to talk about what you LIKE! Screw it.. if people think I am childish for liking Transformers or Cars.. Pff, screw em! I'll go enjoy them.. er.. NOT play with them, mind you...

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-04-2001, 08:30 PM   #43
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Blade:
I thought there were more besides you can get Beastwars season 2 on the net if you really want to see it.

A guy named TFARCHIVE posted Beast Machines season 2 on the newsgroups each week (He lived in Canada) and they showed it there first, in the USA we weren't gonna get Season 2 until a year later.. so I have all 14 episodes in MPEG format, burned to cd! AWESOME series.. except for the damn bio crap.. Transformers are METAL dammit!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-04-2001, 08:35 PM   #44
Blade
Emerald Dragon

LOL appariantly not anymore.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-04-2001, 08:37 PM   #45
Ziroc

Quote:
Originally posted by Grojlach:
Yeah, you're right, the Japanese series (Headmasters, Masterforce, Victory) aren't bad, though you're right about the subbed episodes, "Darn you Fortress Maximus, yer gonna die" isn't really a convincing death thread.
Hahaha.. I downloaded those from TFarchive.. and did you notice that the robots with faceplates--the voice actors TALK like they have something over their mouth.. hehe.. and Galvatron says something like " Damn those autobots! They will burn in HELL!" I nearly fell out of my chair laughing.. VERY bad dubbing. or "I'll send you to hell" hehe..

Anyone remember G-Force? (Battle of the Planets) ?? in 1980? It was a pretty mature cartoon (Minus the damn robot and dog). It's called Gatchaman in Japan I believe. -- Good stuff!

------------------
Ziroc™
Ironworks Webmaster
www.tgeweb.com/ironworks

Old 09-04-2001, 09:49 PM   #46
Blade
Emerald Dragon

Sorry it's before my time. But I have heard of it before never seen it though.

------------------
Life and death are mearly shadows of the complexity of humans
Old 09-05-2001, 12:24 AM   #47
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

here you can read all the transformer comicbooks, and even download clips and commercials for the original transformers.
they even have a message board.

http://webresources.transfans.com/im...ics/comics.htm

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 09-05-2001, 12:29 AM   #48
slackerboy
Gold Dragon

yeah i remember gforce a little bit. and i for one loved the movie. i just watched it the other day.

you can also buy the episodes and movie at
www.rhino.com

------------------

Get The IronWorks Winamp skin
Slackerboys Custom Characters
Old 09-05-2001, 02:41 AM   #49
Lifetime
Red Dragon

Transformers! Robots in Disguise!

I used to watch the cartoons in Japanese..they had so many seasons and different shows that I could never keep up with any of it..
As it is I only remember the episode where Optimus Prime died and then he became this big ass lion robot thing..
I have the toys still

------------------
Resident Lurker Guy
Old 09-05-2001, 04:12 AM   #50
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Ziroc:
A guy named TFARCHIVE posted Beast Machines season 2 on the newsgroups each week (He lived in Canada) and they showed it there first, in the USA we weren't gonna get Season 2 until a year later.. so I have all 14 episodes in MPEG format, burned to cd! AWESOME series.. except for the damn bio crap.. Transformers are METAL dammit!
Ziroc, TFArchive has all the Beast Machines Episodes from Season 1 up for download until the 22nd of September... http://tfarchive.com/oldepdl/
You might wanna check it out.

Edit: PS, use a download manager to get those episodes... You'll need one. Trust me.

[This message has been edited by Grojlach (edited 09-05-2001).]