Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2001, 10:26 AM   #1
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I'm soloing the game as a gnome fighter illusionist on insane difficulty. My problem is that in Irenicus' dungeon on the first level, there are several important artifacts in trapped chests that I can't open without dying.

I don't have the find familiar spell yet and thus no ferret to do this with; I figured as I was only going to cast the spell once in the game I'd just get the scroll.

Any ideas for opening those trapped chests in Irenicus or his wife's chambers?

Thanks, Anansi
Old 11-30-2001, 10:30 AM   #2
Anarion

Yeah! use imoen or Yoshimo to take out the traps

Old 11-30-2001, 10:32 AM   #3
Anarion

I suppose on reflection thats cheating for you if your soloing so id summon some kobolds or something and make them fall foul of the traps or something. and even if you are soloing im sure it wouldnt hurt to make imoen remove the traps anyway

Old 11-30-2001, 10:37 AM   #4
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Can kobolds open chests?

It would be a perfectly in character thing for a mage to do.......

"Time for more...experiments..."

Bwahahahahahahaha
Old 11-30-2001, 11:13 AM   #5
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Dude, you are an Illusionist, rely on your strengths.

Try the following spells if you have them before stepping/activating a trap.

Stoneskin/Mirror Image

PS: You should have chosen Find Familiar as one of your beginner spells. You are a Mage class, you can always remove it from your spell slot when you are done with it. Only Sorcerers must not choose it.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:32 AM   #6
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Yes that would be great, if I had those spells. Which I don't. And I meant that the space on the right hand side of the spell book is used up, not the slots on the left. And I am beginning to wish I had take find familiar...... oh well, it was only worth a lot of $$$ anyway........
Old 11-30-2001, 11:36 AM   #7
Nifft the Nimble

(Minor) Spell Deflection will take care of many traps. Being an Illusionist/Thief would take care of all of them :-p

Good luck!

-- Nifft
Old 11-30-2001, 11:37 AM   #8
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Anansi:
Yes that would be great, if I had those spells. Which I don't. And I meant that the space on the right hand side of the spell book is used up, not the slots on the left. And I am beginning to wish I had take find familiar...... oh well, it was only worth a lot of $$$ anyway........

Dude, last I recall. Your Gnome has 19 INT. What this means is that you will never run out of space on the right hand side.
Old 11-30-2001, 11:39 AM   #9
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Hmmmm... may I ask what spells do you know? And what Bhaalspawn powers do you have?
Old 11-30-2001, 01:45 PM   #10
Anansi
Elite Waterdeep Guard

1ST LEVEL - Magic missile, chormatic orb, spook, firends, indentify
2ND LEVEL - Blur, Invisibility, mirror image, web, knock
3RD LEVEL - Flameball, firearrws, monster summon 1, minor spell deflection, spell thrust, hold person and lastly invisibility 10 inch radius.

UPDATE: The mirror image has allowed me (after quite some reloads) to take the items, problem solved.

Thanks all!