Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 04:37 PM   #1
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...is there any way to keep Yoshimo ? (As he's the only real thief in the whole game, it would be a severe misbalancing if you would lose him in any case)
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
Old 11-29-2001, 04:51 PM   #2
Melusine
Dracolisk

Well, not really, so either play a thief yourself or take Jan/Imoen to take care of thieving. It is entirely possible to have Imoen as your sole thief, I have completed TOB with her without problems.

There is a kind of cheesy way to keep Yoshimo though, if you REALLY insist, but you need to have an old save from before you went to spellhold.

While in Athkatla, go into a building (I usually use the Copper Coronet) and kick Yoshimo out of your party. Make sure he stands near the door. Leave. Go to Spellhold, make the journey back (you will have to play a part of the game without him, this cannot be helped). As soon as you return to Athkatla, go to the Cooper Coronet. As soon as you enter, hit pause. Now press the dialogue button to talk to Yoshi and unpause. Pick the dialogue option to accept him back into your party. He will die as soon as you finish talking, but since he is now a member of your party, you will be able to resurrect him!
Old 11-29-2001, 04:57 PM   #3
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...so i'll have to learn to do without him, eh ? *sigh*...

THX anyway
...walk in the light..!<br /><br />Lord Gabriel<br /><br /> Ich bin der Geist, der stets verneint!<br />Und das mit Recht; denn alles, was entsteht,<br />Ist wert, das es zugrunde geht;<br />Drum besser wär\'s, daß nichts entstünde. <br />So ist denn alles, was ihr Sünde,<br />Zerstörung, kurz das Böse nennt,<br />Mein eigentliches Element.
Old 11-29-2001, 06:27 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by Melusine:
Well, not really, so either play a thief yourself or take Jan/Imoen to take care of thieving. It is entirely possible to have Imoen as your sole thief, I have completed TOB with her without problems.

There is a kind of cheesy way to keep Yoshimo though, if you REALLY insist, but you need to have an old save from before you went to spellhold.

While in Athkatla, go into a building (I usually use the Copper Coronet) and kick Yoshimo out of your party. Make sure he stands near the door. Leave. Go to Spellhold, make the journey back (you will have to play a part of the game without him, this cannot be helped). As soon as you return to Athkatla, go to the Cooper Coronet. As soon as you enter, hit pause. Now press the dialogue button to talk to Yoshi and unpause. Pick the dialogue option to accept him back into your party. He will die as soon as you finish talking, but since he is now a member of your party, you will be able to resurrect him!

Pretty good, Melusine.(tip o' the hat)For an Anomen lover.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-29-2001, 07:27 PM   #5
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

SPOILER QUESTION (maybe)
If you use the above method to "keep" Yoshi, is it possible to return his heart for the mega xp and THEN Resurrect him?

OK, OK, I admit it....I'm greedy!
Old 11-29-2001, 11:38 PM   #6
Evil Al
Drow Warrior

Well umm... You don't have to do with out him cause as Melusine said you could resurrect him!
I think at this point I should add I don't normally take big long pauses when I speak out loud to real people... not that you people aren't real of course before anyone gets confused. I assure you that you are real and not a fragment of my imagination.
I\'m not bigheaded but go here and tell me just how sexy i am [url]\"http://www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard\" target=\"_blank\">www.faceparty.com/al_the_drunkard</a><br /><br />War in iraq? Not in my name!<br /><br />Disarm America.
Old 11-30-2001, 01:50 AM   #7
lord_gabriel
Manshoon

...i don't like cheatin...
Old 11-30-2001, 04:34 AM   #8
Whailor

Spoilers perhaps
Yes, the method suggested by Melusine would and will work, even if you have it patched. However, it's obviously a loophole in the game and is not supposed to be so. I downloaded personally a fix from Baldurash on this issue. Speaking of Baldurash - love that page! Neato fixes and such..

Yes I knew what a crook Yoshi turns out to be, I have been through the game already. But last time I dumped him and he died on me, when I came later back to Coronet. This time I kept him all the way and in the end, when we started the confrontation, his sorry assassin hide was all mine. I turned off the Party AI, so that no one would interfere, and then teached him some lessons of loyalty. With a bare fist. When he was there... "resting", I took care of his sorry band of wannabe assassins, and meanwhile put the lights out on Yoshi again, when he seemed to regain the picture. I wanted him to see how futile his attempt was

Am I evil because of that? Well, so what heheh.. I simply like to make things VERY clear to those who just fail, periodically, get it themselves

And, I have been totally OK with Imoen since then also. Some fixes from Baldurash made also sure that Imoen was up to the "level" she should have been, she's namely missing some "things" what she should have at her levels..
Old 11-30-2001, 11:44 AM   #9
Galdriel wovenmist
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I say, you should start yer own party cause zen you can have any thief ye wantz. I have a entierly own party and ive beaten BG2 =)
You should do ziz!
Old 11-30-2001, 11:55 AM   #10
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

quote:
Originally posted by Galdriel wovenmist:
I say, you should start yer own party cause zen you can have any thief ye wantz. I have a entierly own party and ive beaten BG2 =)
You should do ziz!

But then if you do thiz, zee NPC interactionz are lozt and you mizz out zome of zee fun in zee game yah? I think thiz iz only applicable if you have completed zee game once with zome NPCz, then at leazt you do not mizz out on all zee fun yah?

Welcome to zee Ironworkz Forumz.