Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 02:34 PM   #1
hmmm
Welcomed New User

Hendak has dissapeared after the slaver quest. I tried the baldur.ini etc etc thing but it has not worked. Pressing control and space only pauses the game.
Also at nalias castle glacias ran away and nowi cant find him.
Any help would be great thanks!!!
Old 11-29-2001, 03:01 PM   #2
*Sinbad*
Elite Waterdeep Guard

WELCOME!

I do not understand what has happened to Hendak, but I know that Glacias is gone forever.
And I think the cheatbar appear, whole in the bottom of the screen.

-*Sinbad*
Old 11-29-2001, 03:01 PM   #3
Sir ReGiN
Gold Dragon

Yes, that Hendak thing happened to me too!
I just ignored it, though..
Perhaps someone else can help.

Oh before I forget..

WELCOME TO THE BEST FORUM THERE IS!

[img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/santawave.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 06:07 PM   #4
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

The only time Hendak disappeared on me was when I had Nalia, who happened to be standing there, fire into Lehtinen. I've never done it, since, and never had the problem.Off topic>> I'm a Drow Warrior! Much cooler tan Manshoon! Just ignore me.Oh, BTW, welcome!
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society
Old 11-30-2001, 04:38 AM   #5
LennonCook
Jack Burton

This is probably a bug... download a patch there are plenty at www.baldurdash.com
Also, try reloading a save before u finish the quest... BUgs like this are often only one offs...
AND WELCOME!!
[img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
[img]graemlins/thewave.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2001, 04:46 AM   #6
Whailor

Never happened to me, neither of them, so I cannot help. Probably some glitch, maybe the patch or some fix from Baldurash may help.

I used once to have some weird issue with the De'Arnise Keep. Namely that no matter what I did, it got always overrun by trolls again. Basically I went in, cleared the whole place from cellars to roof, tripple checked it all and then got the keep to myself. It was mine, i.e. the picture showed the fixed castle and all that. I left the castle, came back after couple of days and dang, there it was in ruins again and trolls in it! Cleared the whole place, got it back, went outside, slept there and when I woke up, guess what? Trolls were back in. When I slept inside it was mine, but as soon as I left the area - i.e. left the castle, it was gone again. Beats me what it was, I had some extensive mailing going on with 2 guys from Bioware during that time too. They were working back then on the beta release of the first patch. After bunch of time, the patch was released, so I reinstalled the game and applied the patch and never had the issue again.

I am not sure though if the patch fixed it, since I play right now the un-patched version of BG2 (only the fixpacks from Baldurash are on) and I never had this issue again. Guess it was some weird glitch. Much like your dissapearing Hendak or Glacias, what I never had.. Basically apply the patches, check the Baldurash for additional fixes, that may help. If not, uninstall and reinstall and check again.
Old 11-30-2001, 09:25 AM   #7
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by hmmm:
Hendak has dissapeared after the slaver quest. I tried the baldur.ini etc etc thing but it has not worked. Pressing control and space only pauses the game.
Also at nalias castle glacias ran away and nowi cant find him.
Any help would be great thanks!!!

This has happened to me a couple of times before. Try looking in the arena area. Walk around to the area where the beastmaster was and Hendak should be standing around this area. I think, because of the AI, if your party is blocking the route for him to attack Letinan (sp?) Hendak tries to find another route and ends up getting stuck.