Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 02:13 AM   #1
tglass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

While in the elf city of Suldenees (mispelled I'm sure)I have killed everything I could find and searched the entire map but cannot find the gold cup. Denim says I need it and the walkthroughs I have checked all say it is in the possesion of a certain black character. That character did not have the cup when I finally managed to croak him, and I cannot get any further in my quest until I find it. Anyone have any suggestions?
Old 11-29-2001, 02:48 AM   #2
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by tglass:
While in the elf city of Suldenees (mispelled I'm sure)I have killed everything I could find and searched the entire map but cannot find the gold cup. Denim says I need it and the walkthroughs I have checked all say it is in the possesion of a certain black character. That character did not have the cup when I finally managed to croak him, and I cannot get any further in my quest until I find it. Anyone have any suggestions?

spoiler

You are talking about Nizidramanii'yt right?
You didn't perhaps disintegrate him did you? Cone of cold? These two are known to destroy items. Did he have anything else on him? Chainmail? It is supposed to be there.

If you don't have any luck, try shadowkeeping it in. (But only as a last resort. [img]smile.gif[/img] )

BTW,
Welcome to the board. [img]graemlins/happywave.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 10:28 AM   #3
JR Jansen
Drizzt Do'Urden

Welcome.

To elaborate on Mitro's post. He is right but their is one other possibility in wich you can not get the cup. It's sort off the same thing as with Kangaxx. You have to talk to that black creature and listen to his rant. If you didn't and just attacked it then the cup will not appear.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:24 PM   #4
tglass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Sorry about not being more specific, I was trying not to be a spoiler.

Yes, it was the dragon I was refering to. I did attack him pretty quick, mainly because he has kicked my butt too many times to allow him pleasantries. I did wait till the dialog was over though.

After his defeat he had treasure; elven armor, 2 jewels, and 3 necklaces, but no cup.

I don't know what shadowkeeping is, so there is no worry about me using that method at any resort.

Is this a dead end without the cup. The NPC language leads me to believe that this is a required path to accomplish the goal of retrieving "my" soul.

I really appreciate you guys replying to my post.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:40 PM   #5
SecretMaster
Apophis

If your loaded with gold, you don't have to kill the dragon. Just strip ur guys of everything, put it on the ground, and pay his fee. Done and DOne
Old 11-29-2001, 08:47 PM   #6
andrewas
Harper

you can easily kill the dragon with cloudkill (6) with a horrid wilting right at the end. since hes supposed to be holding the cup(which mean your justified in getting it), you could CLUAConsole the thing in - if you knew the codes, and i dont - or easier, download a program called shadowkeeper from, uh, just type shadowkeeper in yahoo, OK.

its a neat program that allows you to edit your inventory, stats, and other thing about your character. its most obvious use is in cheating, but i use it to fix bugs (like this one) or to set up specific characters that i would normally need to roll for ages for. i reckon most players must have a copy of this somewhere, it is very useful.

oh, and secret master, there is no way on this earth (or toril, or the entire Prime Material Plane for that matter), that im going to pay a patheticaly arrogant dragon like this 200000 gold, ok. its the cowards way out.

but if you want to know about it, the putting of your stuff on the ground is because his fee is everything your wearing,carrying or using. putting it on the ground means your not wearing,carrying or using it. of course you cant put down gold in this game. hence the 200000 gold i mentioned earlier.
Old 11-29-2001, 08:50 PM   #7
SecretMaster
Apophis

Oh, I thought it was 20000, my mistake andrewas, sorry
Old 11-29-2001, 08:58 PM   #8
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by SecretMaster:
Oh, I thought it was 20000, my mistake andrewas, sorry

and i though he took it _all_, hence the massive amount of cash,which is what i had at the time. i still woudnt pay him a copper piece tho. i dont do deals with people working for sadistic sociopaths.
Old 11-29-2001, 09:09 PM   #9
tglass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Thanks for the advice.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:31 AM   #10
tglass
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Ok,I couldn't figure any other way out of my problem, so I downloaded Shadowkeeper. It installed, I added the cup to my inventory, started the new game. Everything went great.

I'm in the palace and a vision of the queen tells me I need the acorns from chapter 1 to allow the branches to re-grow so that I can reach the enemy. I used this item long ago to complete another task.

Is this a problem caused by using Shadowkeeper, or do I just need to stop my current action and head off in search of nuts?