Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-29-2001, 10:44 AM   #11
Kaleban
Manshoon

quote:
Originally posted by Ares:
Kaleban, I salute you. I could never play a D&D game correctly if my life depended on it. How you keep in char during a single player game on a comp, is beyond me. Must be cause he is near the Twin Cities...

LOL! A suburb actually of the Cities, so there is even less going on than you may think! Thanks for the salute, my personal feelings are that if you pick up a CRPG, and don't stay in character, you cheat yourself out of the experience. Even when I played Diablo II, I grunted along with my Barbarian, and laughed maniacally with my Necromancer!

To stay in character is actually not too difficult if you know what to do. The first time you play a CRPG, play your "alter-ego", the type of character you most closely identify with. Then, each subsequent game, at least for me, it seems easier to "get into character" and I take a lot of my play style from movies and books which can add flavor to any game.

For example, my favorite Bladesinger archetype is a Chaotic Neutral Albino Elf. Any fans of Michael Moorcock will know exactly who I am talking about. CN as an alignment is my interpretation of his actions and choices within the scheme of his environment.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:18 PM   #12
Dreamer128
Dracolisk

Did you know you actually play a real bladesinger in 'the darkest day', i tried it myself and its pretty cool.
Old 11-29-2001, 01:20 PM   #13
Nifft the Nimble

quote:
Originally posted by Kaleban:
Well, let me ask this then.

If you do the Bladesinging way in BG2, and ONLY try to use certain weapons, in SoA for example HOW would a solo Bladesinger take down Kangaxx since there are no +4 swords (non-two-handed) until ToB?

Ah grasshopper. To ask this question is to deny half of your true Bladesinger nature. Never forget that Melf has placed his auspicious and Minute Meteors within your grasp.

-- Master Nifft
Old 11-29-2001, 02:03 PM   #14
Kaleban
Manshoon

DOH! Thanks Nifft, I forgot about those.

I use copious amounts of MMMs with my single-class mages/sorcs, but usually end up tanking with my Bladesinger. How could I lapse so much into barbarism to forget about that wondrous cure-all for all things that should not move?

Thank you master...
Old 11-29-2001, 04:10 PM   #15
andrewas
Harper

Dundee is correct. the hand is in abazigals enclave. how could i be so stupid? it knew it was on a human and there are virtualy none in there. only 5 in total. besides, youd could only miss it if you play like my brother (who missed carsomyr due to not searching bodies)
Old 11-30-2001, 07:45 AM   #16
Galadria
20th Level Warrior

quote:
Originally posted by andrewas:
Dundee is correct. the hand is in abazigals enclave. how could i be so stupid? it knew it was on a human and there are virtualy none in there. only 5 in total. besides, youd could only miss it if you play like my brother (who missed carsomyr due to not searching bodies)

LOL, Andrewas. That's one for the books.When I was new to the game, in BGI, I got Ajantis killed, and didn't pick up his armor. When I got back, after revivng him, it was gone. Sure did miss that Antheg Armor and +2 War Hammer.
Lady Galadria,Goddess\' Equal of the O.R.T.; [img]\"http://havak.db-forge.com/portraits/bitmaps/wlf180L.bmp\" alt=\" - \" /><br />\"Romance at short notice was her specialty.\" - Saki <br />Founder of the IW Branch of the Anti-Anomen Society