Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-28-2001, 03:45 PM   #1
alekz
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Hi people, how do I calculate a multiclassed characters hitpoints?
Say I've got a multi-classed fighter/druid type. Each class has d10 hit dice and from what I understand I roll the dice, I get lucky to make this easy, 20hp combined, I divide it with the number of classes I've got, that's 2 = 10hp

Now say I'm at level 5 with druid and 4 with the fighter.
I get lucky everytime I roll, i.e. 10hp on each level up which means I divide with 2 = 5 hp.

On that level it's 5*5*5*5*5 = 25hp (druid) and 5*5*5*5 = 20hp (fighter) = 45hp total. Now tell me if I calculated this right ot wrong?

If I'm right then explain this, what if there's a hit point bonus because of the constitution, say I got 17 CON, which means +2(+3)
What gives here? How do I add that bonus to my hit points? Which bonus applies, the +2 or the +3?

Must I divide it?
Old 11-28-2001, 06:39 PM   #2
daeomer
Manshoon

Let's see....
Example: you have a fighter/ cleric at level 5/5.

Your constitution is 17 so.... if you level up to fighter level 6 and 'role' a 10 for hp, the most hp you will get will be 6.
(10 + 3(con bonus))/2= 6.5 (rounded down)= 6

similarly if you level up to cleric level 6
(10 + 2 (con bonus for cleric)/2= 6

Therefore the most hp you would get per level would be 6 for either class.

I think this is how it works....if I'm wrong let me know.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:20 PM   #3
Thrawn
The Magister

so let me think let's have this therical class, that both rolls 1d10 for hitpoint. and both level at the same rate. and both of them max out at 9/9 (just a example)

if its an single class that rolls 1d10, if i get max roll on all rolls and you only dice roll to 9 right, then get fixed amount of hitpoint over 9?

So an single class would have 90 hiptpoint at level 9, but the fighter got 19 con, i'm not sure how to do the bonus??

19 is +2(+5) so every level below 9 i also add 5 hitpoint to the dice roll like 1d10+5?

that would be 135 hitpoint is this right?

now for the muliclass both class rolls 1d10

so for level 9/9 it would be

(10+5(con bonus)/2=7.5) (rounded down=7)
and the second class would also get 7 hitpoint max

the total would be 126 hitpoint right? at level 9

^^^^^
above was with ur average con of an half orc fighter [img]tongue.gif[/img] anyway let's say youre a godly fighter with 25 con.

at level 9 you would have

153 hitpoint even haveing 25 con isn't much of a boost over 19 *shungs*

however for the muli class i'm wondering.

(10+7(con bonus)/2=8.5) (rounded down=8)
and the second class would also get 8 hitpoint max

144 hitpoint

now having a VERY high con help a muli class More than a single class? that is if the muli class rolls d10 in both class
This is the place for Improved Ai Scripts by me<br /> [url]\"http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/\" target=\"_blank\">http://groups.yahoo.com/group/bwscript/files/PERSONAL/Iwishi\'s%20Stuff/</A>
Old 11-28-2001, 07:31 PM   #4
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

First off, fighters roll a ten sided die for HP. Clerics roll an eight sided die. Barbarians, twelve sided. Thieves, six sided. Mages, four sided.

If I am a first level fighter/first level mage. I take a ten sided die plus a four sided die and divide that by two. Then add the constitution bonus. I haven't actually watched the game rolls on multi-class, but that is the way it works.

You don't get the constitution bonus twice. (Fighters types are the only ones that get any bonus above 16.) When you level up, you get the class you level up with, divided by 2. Ie..Fighter..roll a ten, you get 5. Mage roll a four, you get 2.
Old 11-28-2001, 08:21 PM   #5
daeomer
Manshoon

Doesn't it say in the manual that priests role 1d10 for level ups?
Was that an error?
So you only get the constitution bonus once per level? So when you progress to level 5 fighter (for example) you get the con. bonus for level 5 but when you level up the priest XP you don't get the con bonus?
Old 11-28-2001, 10:46 PM   #6
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by daeomer:
Doesn't it say in the manual that priests role 1d10 for level ups?
Was that an error?
So you only get the constitution bonus once per level? So when you progress to level 5 fighter (for example) you get the con. bonus for level 5 but when you level up the priest XP you don't get the con bonus?

It does say that, but it should be eight. When you level up a multi-class character you should be able to tell on your screen how many hit points you gain, etc. I'm not positive how they split up the constitution bonus though. I know you don't get it twice. Say you are a level 5/5 Fighter/Cleric with a 18 con. If you got it twice, that would be an additional 20hp (4hp x 5lv) + 10 hp (2hp x 5lv) for a total of an extra 30 hp.

I'll create one and see. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 12:32 AM   #7
LennonCook
Jack Burton

Remeber that u only level up one class at a time- so u do not get the extra hit points for both classes at once. So if ur a fighter cleric, the max u can get in a single level up is 18 but this can only happen if both classes reach there level up at once AND they both role max hp (very unlikely).
Old 11-29-2001, 01:29 AM   #8
Mitro Jellywadder
Quintesson

quote:
Originally posted by SookmaCook:
Remeber that u only level up one class at a time- so u do not get the extra hit points for both classes at once. So if ur a fighter cleric, the max u can get in a single level up is 18 but this can only happen if both classes reach there level up at once AND they both role max hp (very unlikely).

No, the most they could gain if they both leveled up (and got the max) would be 9. Half of the two combined. If you use your theory, a 10/10 could have 180 hit points, not counting constitution bonuses. [img]graemlins/nono.gif[/img]
Old 11-29-2001, 10:05 AM   #9
Morgeruat
Jack Burton

quote:
Originally posted by Mitro Jellywadder:
First off, fighters roll a ten sided die for HP. Clerics roll an eight sided die. Barbarians, twelve sided. Thieves, six sided. Mages, four sided.

If I am a first level fighter/first level mage. I take a ten sided die plus a four sided die and divide that by two. Then add the constitution bonus. I haven't actually watched the game rolls on multi-class, but that is the way it works.

You don't get the constitution bonus twice. (Fighters types are the only ones that get any bonus above 16.) When you level up, you get the class you level up with, divided by 2. Ie..Fighter..roll a ten, you get 5. Mage roll a four, you get 2.

Thanks Mitro, my head was about to explode from the errors, as for when the constitution bonus is added, you get 1/2 each time the character gains a level, ie 17 con, fighter/cleric- when leveling from 1st to second the cleric class would lvl up first, you would get 1 hp (+3 divided by 2 rounded down) and 2 when you finally levelled up as a figher, getting the extra hp you missed out on when you levelled as a cleric.
Old 11-29-2001, 10:18 AM   #10
daeomer
Manshoon

Hmmmmm.....

Just curious for clarity.... wasn't the formula that I suggested right? Well... except for the priest hp thing. I am just curious as to where I have gone wrong....

Example: you have a fighter/ cleric at level 5/5.
Your constitution is 17 so.... if you level up to fighter level 6 and 'role' a 10 for hp, the most hp you will get will be 6.
(10 + 3(con bonus))/2= 6.5 (rounded down)= 6

similarly if you level up to cleric level 6 and role an 8 for hp
(8 + 2 (con bonus for cleric)/2= 5 (corrected priest hp!)

By my count that would only give you at most 110 hp at 10th level.
I think I am just getting confused!!!