Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-23-2001, 05:58 PM   #1
Faealron

In Chapter 4 where you bring Bhaal back into the dream Candlekeep to Imoen, supposedly u should be able to just attack him and he dies easily (according to 'all' spoiler info I can find on this). However, I use 3 full heals, my character is a Barbarian so is enraged while fighting, duel wielding, and I can't kill him...he drops me in 2 hits w/out a heal... Is this my game? Or is my character not strong enough?

If he's not strong enough, is there anyway to get back to the first couple chapters and do more exploring on the mainland areas to do quests there? I merely shot out after Imoen as soon as I could using the Shadow Thief quests.

Old 11-23-2001, 06:16 PM   #2
Legolas
Jack Burton

Welcome to the board!

SPOILER
Try to lure him inside the library, near Imoen. That should help you take care of daddy.

Say NO to the Trouser Tyranny!
Old 11-23-2001, 07:22 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

ah, im thinking back to barbarian abilities here. does enrage make you impossible to talk to, cos imoen talks when he dies and that might screw it up in a similar way to prot from undead with bohdi.

what purpose are these heals for. you use them when your about to die, and you seem to be talking about them as tho there an attack. use harm for that, but you'll never get it on a char a good as bhaal is.

i used a couple dual wielding psychopaths (aka me'n'minsc'n'boo) and he died pretty quick. just get him to LOS with imoen b4 attacking.
Old 11-23-2001, 11:37 PM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

... ...

How can you have Minsc and Boo helping you in your dream? Unless there is some unknown way to me, you have to fight 'daddy' alone.
Old 11-24-2001, 12:48 AM   #5
Lorala
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I kind of have the same question. I have actually led 'daddy' all the way to Imoen, and then she tells me that she can make him vulnerable, and then she just kind of sits back and watches while he kills me. Um, is she supposed to actually DO something?
Old 11-24-2001, 01:02 AM   #6
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Imoen will do nothing. Her presence makes Bhaal vulnerable, that is all.
Old 04-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #7
Curlymcdom
Welcomed New User

Default Re: NEED help, Chapter 4, help with Bhaal pls

Arg I have the same problem! I've got this far with a Swashbuckler thief- who while great at picking locks is pretty naff at actually fighting-, armed with the Dragonslayer sword or short bow +2(my character has no health potions or magic at this point), and can't get past this stupid imaginary sequence!
Imoen for me has stopped in the middle of the staircase and just repeats about bringing the monster there. I get Bhaal to follow me to the entrance, talk to him, and can get him all the way to Imoen without getting hit. Imoen says her bit and then I attempt to fight him. But after three hits he's slaughtered me and I can't get him past "barely injured".
Am I stuck permanently (although I have a save game just before I enter the asylum)? I literally have no motivation to restart the game all over!
Helllppp
Old 04-06-2008, 09:37 PM   #8
Kyrvias
Lord Ao

Is that a save game driectly before entering the asylum, or taking the ship to brynnlaw? If it's the asylum, there's not much you can do to change that...

I would recomend going into the libarary, and cheesing your way through this by setting a LOT of traps, and tehn bringing him in.
Old 04-07-2008, 04:23 PM   #9
Curlymcdom
Welcomed New User

Thanks I'll give it a go. It's just annoying that Bhaal couldn't just be scripted to die with one hit, it's all meant to be a figurative scene anyway!