Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2001, 11:57 AM   #41
BLACK KNIGHT

Poor, Misunderstood Anomen. Why does everyone dislike you so. No, he is not the best tank. And no his spells as a true cleric don't get fun until the end with 6th and 7th level spells. But I think my Paladin had the most influence on him, and he took Anomen under his wing and made him a well-balanced unit in my party. I like Anomen. Sorry

Oh, I just wanted to take the opportunity to say that while I do agree with Yorick about the plight of Humanity with Torture and how awful that is, I just couldn't miss the chance to call someone a Nancy-Boy. TeeHee. Just kiddin Yorick.

BK

Old 01-31-2001, 02:18 PM   #42
Rikard T'Aranaxz
Harper

-people standing next to eachother just talking and laughint
about anomen and how to folter him

suddenly a man fully dressed in lighjt blue
people reconize him to be rikard
no-one really takes notest
when suddenly

Rikard begins to talk

AHUM
YOU KNOW GUY I RATHER LIKE ANOMEN

-the people in the room are coming dangerously close
people a getting their dagger
and rikard gets cut down
23 hit and he didn't yell once
but others say he did
when he turned around
and say Marcus Brutus
he said 'Kai su Teknon'
and gave up his stuggle
Old 01-31-2001, 04:53 PM   #43
Mordigan

Torture poor Anomen?!? How can you people say such things! And for some of you, in such sexually explicit ways.

Okay, first of all, save the sexually explicit talk for Nalia and Imoen; they're the ones that have it "goin on" if you know what I mean.

Ya whatever... don't bother lying to yourselves guys, i've seen the "who is the best looking female character?" posts that some of you put up.

Hey, do you think it's possible to get Nalia in the shower and steal all her clothes? I'm thinking that maybe somebody should try -- and send me photo's!

Old 01-31-2001, 05:27 PM   #44
Nabus

I would shave his eyebrowns off while he was sleeping, then place som toothepaste under his nose, breathing in all night, so he'd get diarrhoea rest of the day. Maybe cut his hair funny too.

Old 01-31-2001, 05:45 PM   #45
Malla Gabriel

While I agree with everyone that the world is full of evils, and i wouldn't wish any of them on even the people I hate most, but I know this we all have this dark side, it the side that enjoys games like quake, and Doom.

Old 01-31-2001, 06:08 PM   #46
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

I think I've just been chastised by Yorick (head hanging low). Now you've made me sad again Just trying to have a bit of lighthearted fun. If you knew me in real life, Yorick, you would probably be surprised that I even created such a thread, as I am one of those people who loves every person, every animal, every plant, etc. You should see how much money I spend feeding wild animals, birds and plants (more than myself!). Anomen is a fictional character and I noticed many hilarious quips regarding him on this Board, and thought this poll up just to see what imaginative funny answers I would get. If I have offended anyone, please forgive me. Now I'm depressed. I think I'll go outside for a little while and feed a chipmunk.
Old 01-31-2001, 07:45 PM   #47
turbovee
Elminster

I still feel really bad about the way I upset a couple of folks on the board.

I don't know if any one knows about what its like to live in the military or special warfare for that matter. I work in a special warfare unit and I deal with the possibility of my own gruesome demise everyday as do the people I work with. To jest about the torture of a completely fictional character was meant without any disrespect to any real people. My teamates and I joke around and mess with each other extensively, but when its time to go to work we absolutely, without question trust and rely on each other like family. We watch each other's backs, for in a split second someone could get hurt or seriously killed. We also could get deployed to very hostile areas and the possibility of capture and being tortured as a prisoner of war is very much a reality for us. I'm sorry that I felt comfortable enough to share the humor that I share with my teamates. I still enjoy talking to you all, so if I offended anyone please forgive me and try not to view me as some sick, twisted, sadistic freak. If this is any clue to my real personality I am currently finishing my Pre-Veterinarian degree at San Diego State and hope to be accepted to UC Davis and graduate with a Vet degree so that I can, believe or not take care of animals and even some that might have been tortured.
Old 01-31-2001, 08:27 PM   #48
BLACK KNIGHT

I think it is best to remember that, on one hand, most of the comments made on this board are of the tongue-in-cheek variety and are not to be taken too seriously, and on the other side, I know that well all bring different experiences to the table here and what one person thinks is funny might hit too close to home for others. Just remember the first hand if you are the other.

BK

Old 01-31-2001, 08:31 PM   #49
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Turbovee - you've really changed my perception of you! I didn't know you were in the military. Which one? Army, Navy, Air Force or Marines (sound like a commercial!)? To me you sound like the perfect man! Seriously! Being in the military takes a lot of courage, teamwork, pride in your country, a knowledge of right and wrong and willing to back it up, and an appreciation for human lives, which many people do not realise. AND you also want to be a veterinarian and take care of animals, who are the underlings of this world and are totally helpless. Great Guy! I live in a city where there are very few trees anymore, and I feel very much for the wildlife that has been reduced because of construction. Presently I live in a house (will be gone in a month or two ) right now that is surrounded by a few acres of trees surrounded by apartment complexes and 4 lane highways. Foxes, squirrels, chipmonks, raccoons, deer, opossums, and a huge variety of birds all reside in this 4 acre section of woods, they have nowhere else to go. They are constantly getting run over in the road, and are fighting eachother (at times to the death) for territory. It truly breaks my heart and that is why I end up feeding them because otherwise many would starve. It's gonna really hurt when we move out (probably into an apartment with no yard and a view of the parking lot). As a kid I grew up in another part of Virginia where you didn't see another house for miles. Growing up in that environment, I grew to appreciate many things about nature. I remember the first time at around 13 I stepped on this beetle in the driveway. I had no particular reason for killing it, I just stepped on it. Then I looked at its dead body and thought to myself how I stopped its duties it was going about, perhaps it was looking for food, perhaps it was looking for materials for a nest. Either way, I stopped it forever and could not bring it back. It really hit me hard and ever since I have had a great love for the creatures in this world that we humans carelessly ignore or abuse.
As for this thread, again, just having a jest. Many of us on this Board are from different places and we all have a different perception of life and a way of expressing ourselves. I remember when I first moved to the city at around 18, I met a friend that liked to call me "Bitch". Where I came from in the my small country town, if someone called you that it was a huge insult and "fightin words". But I came to realize in time that in the city the term "Bitch" was actually a term of endearment. It took me a few months go get used to it and not get offended, but eventually my friend and I came to address eachother as "hey, bitch, what's up?" and be totally smiling the entire time and the best of friends! I haven't seen her in about 10 years unfortunately, and I don't have any friends presently that use that particular "term of endearment," but I learned something about human personalities from her. In other words, the "torture Anomen" is similar to "bitch", it sounds evil and venomous, but deep down it is simply saying "let's all smile, joke together, and create a bond."
Old 01-31-2001, 09:08 PM   #50
"Hell Lich" Wah

Carefully and quietly pour a bucket of horse shit down his asshole (don't worry - he is a very deep sleeper) and then wake him up at the middle of the night and everyone else int he tavern and say:

"PHHHHHORRRRRRR!!! Anomen!!! You've got Diahoreea mate!! And follow up with party members making screwed up faces and stinky noises........