Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-26-2000, 02:11 PM   #1
mikey
Welcomed New User

Okay, in the troll cave in the Druid's grove there is a hell of alot of trolls.. I killed some of them (including spectral trolls), but there are 5 giant ones left. No matter what I try they smash me.. Very disappointing to say the least.. Can somebody please give me a good strategy for dealing with multiple giant trolls..

Also, what's the best way to kill spectral trolls? They seem to heal very quickly.

(This game is driving me nuts, and I'm only in chapter 2!)
Old 11-26-2000, 03:53 PM   #2
Sardonix

You could summon creatures, throw fireballs at them before you engage, cast strength on your fighters, cast fire elemental, lure them into your group one at a time, hold them, slow them, cast emotion, cast polymorph, use a stoneskin + fireshield combo (for the last couple)... Lots of possibilities!! Fire elementals and luring work best. Otherwise just wait until you have the Flail of the Ages and some decent armour. And remember to turn AI off when you lure.

Old 11-26-2000, 05:22 PM   #3
Astaroth
Welcomed New User

I say get a hasted thief with 3 potions of invisibility. Go invisible, go to the first treasure trove and grab everything. Turn invisible again to throw off the trolls that saw you and go to the next one...same deal. you used all three potions and got all the goodies and didn't offend the trolls who were really just minding there own business in their lair...I have a neutral guy and when it comes down to it, You would be more a t fault for killing them just cause you went in their home. They made it perfectly clear that they didn't want you inside but you went in anyway. So the least you could do is just rob them and not murder them all...
Old 11-26-2000, 06:08 PM   #4
Suul-Yinn

Draw them out one at a time and concentrate all your party on one troll. When he is down , make sure you hit him with fire or acid to finish him or else he will regenerate. Try chromatic orb after Greater Malison as it can petrify or kill at higher levels. At lower levels it will stun them out of the action for a while. If more than one troll attacks, use elementals, monsters etc to occupy them whilst you use your party to kill one at a time. If you attack too many at once, you may find they heal faster than you can dish out damage.