Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 10-15-2000, 11:44 PM   #1
hegel77z

I've been spoiling myself, and I read that after the birdie is delivered to Xzar, someone's supposed to summon Jaheira to the Harper's hold. This haven't happened to me yet, and I'm wondering whether there's a specific trigger for it. Is it supposed to happen immediately after giving the bird to Xzar, or is it time related? I did the Xzar quest on day 5 or so, and I rested until day 20 at the docks, and still nothing. Any help? Thanks in advance

Old 10-16-2000, 01:47 AM   #2
cougar14

i had the quest immediately after some big conversation wif Aerie and Ja

after that she took off......anyway....just wanted to ask if anyone else had a problem when Jaheira came back...my darn game keeps hanging whenever she tries to rejoin my party..anyone experience that?

Old 10-16-2000, 03:40 AM   #3
lordkymil

what bird? what jaheira subquest?
the only jaheira subquest i've been involved in is the one where some dude from her distant past tries something on her. and i'm up to chapter 6, haven't seen hide nor hair of the harpers, can't get into their building and have had jaheira in my group from day one.
did this have something to do with rescuing monty? i told xzar to ■■■■ off so maybe that was it.

Old 10-16-2000, 11:27 PM   #4
Larry

yes, you try to rescue monty..., you receive a small quest within the same city, you get in to the Harper Hide-out, you find out what happened, then ...I was approached by the Harper to take Jahiera away for one night...then when she returned, the Harpers wanted to see me...It is an exciting sub-quest when you are summond to return to the Harper hide-out...you should try and get in to see the head guy...he has a special "treat" for you...

Old 10-29-2000, 08:32 PM   #5
Sir Rich

The subquests don't seem to have anything to do with chapter. I'm on my 2nd time through the game, and decided to do all of the subquests I can in Chapter 2, and I have most of them done so far. For some reason, they seem to have more dialogue and have a bit more depth when doing them in Ch2 than when I tried to do them after I cleared out the Elf city. I've gotten WAY farther on Nalia's quest than I did before, as in, one father of the jerk that Nalia was suposed to marry has threatoned war on my keep because I woulden't give it to him.

As for Jaheria, so far, I've been listening to her lament over her odds with the Harpers, and in my most recent random run-in with a Harper, she renounced her membership with the Harpers (I'm playing it nice, I'm not butchering all the harpers as they ambush me, I find that I can talk my way out of them attacking).

Old 10-29-2000, 08:54 PM   #6
KirksHairPiece

Yeah, I am at the point that she has just recinded her membership (as it were) from the Harpers and is awaiting the outcome of that. However, I dumped her to make way for Mazzy (a much more entertaining character) and Jaheira didn't seem too impressed. Will this make a big difference to any (rewarding) forthcoming quests? My party is much better equipped without her (Minsc, Yoshimo, Aerie & Mazzy).......

Old 10-30-2000, 03:23 AM   #7
lordkymil

I agree that doing all the side quests in Chap 2 offer so much more depth than doing them in Chap 6. I sort of rushed through the game the first time because i got really caught up in the linear story and finished the game before finishing all the side quests. 2nd time around i's still in chap 2, have tons of money and more and more quests just keep opening up.

Speaking of sidequests: Did anyone get the bandit thing where they supposedly hold Jaheira hostage? Someone said that this happens after you clear out the troll mound in the druid grove. Did all that, rested outside for 40 straight hours (almost 2 days!) but nothing happened. It's been 5 days since i cleared the mound and still nothing. What is the trigger for this?

Old 10-30-2000, 06:58 AM   #8
Armisael

Possibly a random one. I've scoured the game and I can't figure out what triggers it. I got it straight after I came out of the Underdark. There are four choices in it; ignore the bandit's threats, in which case he slits Jaheira's throat, offer him all your equipment (you get it back after killing him), offer yourself instead of Jaheira, or beg and plead. You can get some funny reactions from Jaheira for doing each one. The best result comes from offering yourself in place of Jaheira. You take a bit of damage and she chews you out, then she goes all teary-eyed. If only it were that easy in real life.

Old 10-30-2000, 10:58 AM   #9
ArchMage1

I got the bandit encounter. It happened to my thief. I was resting in my "office" after I took over the thieve's guild. The next thing I know, we are surrounded by bandits. I thought that was a little odd and considered flogging all the thieves in the guild for not keeping a better look out.

I've had Jaheira summoned in both games I have played so far after I completed the Xzar/Monty subquest and then another quest. A Harper will just show up and tell Jaheira to come with her. The rest plays out from there.

Old 10-30-2000, 02:02 PM   #10
Sir Rich

About the bandits who take Jaheria hostage, it was kinda ammusing. I had saved right before I was forced to decide between Aerie and Jahera. When I picked Jahera, I rested, then I woke up to the bandits. When I picked Aerie, heh, I rested and got the bandits AND the runner from the Harper Hold who came to tell Jaheria to come with her. Walked right into the middle of the heated battle and initiated dialogue right as Jaheria was in the middle of chuncking some fool. She left right there and then. Heh, guess it coulden't have waited.

However, when I did pick Jaheria, the Harper came 1 rest later.

Does anyone know when the end of the Jaheria romance/subquest plot is?
So far, I've gotten to the following steps after Jaheria brought me to the Harper hold and I had to clear it out...
Jaheria chatters about being unsure about her decision to turn on the harpers....
Ambushed by a group of Harpers (we talk our way out of it)...
Jaheria chatters about being unsure about killing the harpers at the harper base...
Jaheria meets her old mentor, who tells her that he had been sent to kill her, but we talk our way out of that too..
Jaheria chatters about something or other ( can't remember)...
Jaheria goes into her "Blast! My armour needs cleaning!" talk....
Jaheria talks a bit about something...
Jaheria's old mentor comes back and tells her that she's been marked for death.
Jaheria leaves in the night to go back to the Harper hold (left a message with me)....
I went back to the harper hold and found a bunch of punks there, who I mopped the floor with..Jaheria on the 2nd floor says that the harper base was abandond because the Spectrial Harpers weren't there anymore, and that perhaps the harpers here weren't really harpers...
and finally...Jaheria's old mentor and some other fools ambushed me in the wilderness, and after a short dialogue, we had to eliminate them. Jaheria goes into a "I didn't really want to do that" speach, and I chear her up with some humor. It's been a few days of wandering around, and she hasn't said anything else after that.

Has anyone gotten beyond that? I know there's some built in stuff when....
You turn into the Slayer for the first time....
You sleep with (and end your relationship) or reject that Drow chick in the Underdark...
And at the end when you size up your friends before going into the final battle with Irenicus (and a few speaches after that).