Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 11-30-2001, 09:12 AM   #1
hagimihale
Manshoon

spoilers below..
I'm sure many of you know about the experience exploit w/the Tanner. When you enter his building and expose him, you receive around 23,000 experience points. BUT if you surround him on all sides with your party, you can pause the game just after talking to him (and getting the exp) and then talk to him again to receive the 23,000 all over again.

SO... I'm in my 2nd run through SoA. Thanks to the preaching of Legolas I'm using an Elven Archer w/19 dexterity (and thoroughly enjoying it, BTW). Minsc, Anomen, Jaheira, Aerie and Nalia currently round out my party.

I put my Archer between the Tanner and the stairs, and put the rest of my party around the Tanner. I figured I'd be able to talk to him about 5 or 6 times before he was able to get away. So I start counting and get to 10, and figure I'll see how many I can do, just for kicks. At 20 I start laughing. At 30 I'm in disbelief. 40, 50, 60... 70... At THIS point I stop pausing the game, and just let it run. I mean, 70 times? 75, 80... 85... 90!!! 96 times was the final count!

I'm not making this up. I couldn't believe it. I'm guessing that (1) my archer's 19 dexterity gave him such an advantage in terms of reaction time, and (2) I had Anomen and Minsc (the 2 strongest characters) right next to my archer, and the Tanner kept trying to push his way past them to no avail.

Do the math: 96 x 23,000+, then divided by 6 = approximately 375,000 experience points per character. Yes its cheezy, I didnt plan to just give each character over a third of a million exp. But I'm still laughing about it now.

Anyone else beat this or come close?
Old 11-30-2001, 09:21 AM   #2
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

You want cheese? Welcome to the ToB world.

ToB spoilers naturally.

Try beating unlimited Xp.

Where there is Cheese, Cows and Milk abound too.
Old 11-30-2001, 10:35 AM   #3
hagimihale
Manshoon

Dundee, I have enjoyed your constant updates. My first foray through SoA (and now in ToB) was with a sorcerer.

Unfortunately I have already passed that first exp exploit. Defeated the fire giants, then went to Watchers Keep and completed it. (so I don't want to reload at that point.

I will try out the 2nd one tho, thanks for the update!
Old 11-30-2001, 11:00 AM   #4
Dundee Slaytern
Ironworks Moderator

Thanks for the compliment, and good luck, have fun in ToB. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 11-30-2001, 11:14 AM   #5
Yggdrasil
Dungeon Master

Can you still get the XP cheese in piratetown after installing ToB, or has that been fixed?
Old 11-30-2001, 12:14 PM   #6
Cerek the Barbaric
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

quote:
Originally posted by hagimihale:

...Do the math: 96 x 23,000+, then divided by 6 = approximately 375,000 experience points per character. Yes its cheezy, I didnt plan to just give each character over a third of a million exp. But I'm still laughing about it now.

Anyone else beat this or come close?[/QB]

I got this tip from: http://www.gamebanshee.com/baldursga...experience.php

During the unseeing eye quest, you have the choice to kill that unseeing eye straight out or use the complete rod for an easy fight. Personally, I think the unseeing eye is an easy fight with or without the complete rod. Besides, the first choice gives you unlimited exp if you're quick. After you have the half rod from the lost avatar, you can go straight to Gall, the cult leader. Have one of your man stand right next to Gall. Pause immediately right after the dialog and Gall should still appear friendly. Talk to him again and you get another 75,000 exp. You can do this as many time as you want. My best try is 14 times.

Remember to put Minsc away, because he starts to attack Gall after Gall no matter what (He killed Gall while he's still friendly...). Also remember to talk to the man beside the pit before you do this or else you won't be able to enter the pit for the other half rod.

I only did it about 6-7 times (enough to level everybody up one level). Just make sure you hit the Pause quickly enough, because Gall will attack you as soon as the conversation is over otherwise.