Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 11-18-2004, 08:57 AM   #1
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

They were discussing this on the radio the other morning and a few people called in. One cracked me up. She said

"Well I'm a new grandmother and my daughter, her husband and the baby spent a week with us recently. By Sunday the baby hadn't slept for two days and while it's bad enough falling asleep in Church, I'm in the choir!" Everyone laughed then she continued, "And I'm in the front row. I'm told I snored. Then I fell off the pew."

I lost it after that... the dj asked her when she woke up and she said "When I hit the floor."

I've fallen asleep in church a few times (especially when the neighbor's beagle has bayed all night) but I never fell off the pew...LOL I think the strangest place would be in our conference room while having lunch...just dropped my book and that startled me awake again!
Old 11-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #2
johnny
40th Level Warrior

Ms Pacman Champion
I better not repeat the stories from the Oasis here.
Old 11-18-2004, 09:16 AM   #3
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Err.. no.. LOL how about you give us your next to the strangest place story?! [img]graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
Old 11-18-2004, 10:00 AM   #4
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Oh no! It cloned itself!!
Old 11-18-2004, 10:01 AM   #5
Q'alooaith
Emerald Dragon

Strangest place I've fallen asleep?

Personaly I think me falling asleep at college was pretty funny, Not strange I hear you cry, no but I fell asleep on the stair rail, it's amazing how comftble a steel bar can be..

I don't have any places stranger, but I have woken up and gone "what happened??!?" but that's more about what I'm wearing and who I'm waking up next to..
Old 11-18-2004, 10:05 AM   #6
armageddon272
Symbol of Cyric

Once i was in a zoo and there was a butterfly exibit. now, i didn't knowthey let the butterflies out of their cages twice a day and had people walk around with them so i was in front of the cages and my dad who i was with said he had to call someone. so i waited on a bench for half an hour and just fell asleep. i dont know how long for but when dad came and woke me up, i had like 15 butterflies all over me and people were taking pictures.
Old 11-18-2004, 10:12 AM   #7
Niadh
Elminster

In uni during a lecture, had my legs up on another seat. But I was in a spot where the lecturere can't see so it was ok. Apprarently I didn't miss much.
A Knight is sworn to darkness. <br />His heart knows only hatred.<br />His sword destroys the helpless,<br />His might imprisons the weak.<br />His wrath upholds the wicked, <br />His word speaks only lies.<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.boomspeed.com/niadh/newiwsig.jpg\" alt=\" - \" />
Old 11-18-2004, 10:41 AM   #8
Cloudbringer
Ironworks Moderator

Q'alooaith, I'd say that qualifies as strange! LOL On the stair rail? You must have been pretty tired!

Niadh, I think we've all nodded off in classes at some time or other, it's a rule, isn't it?

armageddon, I love that story! Too bad you didn't get any photos of yourself like that! I can imagine all the butterflies!
Old 11-18-2004, 11:58 AM   #9
philip
Galvatron

I don't sleep in strange places. Well, one was at a school camp while the rest of my room was
a) pillow fighting
b) screaming in the room

That's not so weird. A friend fell asleep near the boxes on a metal festival. Don't know how she managed that lol
Old 11-18-2004, 12:10 PM   #10
Jorath Calar
Harper

Hmmm, not sure, I once fell asleep on a city bus... and didn't wake until the driver woke me up... at the end of his shift... that was a bit awkward... I think I took the route 3 times around the city... [img]smile.gif[/img]

I also fell asleep in the public library once, I was on one of the readincorners studying for a test and probably dozed off for 2 hours or so... best nap I ever had, it was so quiet and comfy... [img]smile.gif[/img]