Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Baldurs Gate & Tales of the Sword Coast

Old 06-17-2000, 03:37 PM   #1
Martlake

Got down to the level with Islanne offering to teleport me back out. Couldn't get the last door open so gave up. Went back to Ulgoth's beard & sold the wardstones to the inn keeper.

Bored, got the thief to try and pick his pocket, failed & he's now turned hostile. Now that I've picked up a few hints from this site on how to get through that last door I can't buy my wardstones back!

Is there a way I can turn the innkeeper 'green' again so that he will sell them back?

Or do I need to 'hack' the stones back into my equipment somehow?

I feel really stupid. Any help would be much appreciated!
Old 06-17-2000, 05:21 PM   #2
Adhrael

IŽm not sure if it will work, Martlake, but try charming him. It worked with the storekeeper of Nashkell. If this doesnŽt work, ask Moggl and heŽll tell you the codes of the wardstones so you can hex edit them
Old 06-17-2000, 06:15 PM   #3
Martlake

Thanks Adhrael, I'll give it a go! I hope it works or else I'll have to ask someone what 'hex editing' is as well..... I'll let you know if I have any joy.
Old 06-18-2000, 07:09 AM   #4
Martlake

Adhrael, thank you! It worked! I'll know who to ask next time.
Old 06-30-2000, 10:23 AM   #5
Moggl

Note: the best item for charming is definitely Algernon's Cloak: it works from a distance, and it lasts longer than any spell.
(it has 65535 charges)
Old 06-30-2000, 11:35 AM   #6
Azreall

Sure, Go on, kiss Adhrael's butt

BTW. The spell meant for this kind of situations is "Friends", but it doest make a difference.