Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2002, 05:11 PM   #1
Tormentor
Manshoon

There is one thing really still bothering me about minsc, on his portrait he is bald, but his paperdoll isnt!... they at least could have worked on some more detail for the NPC's... imo... and why arent there women with long hair in the game?
Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 06:35 PM   #2
Morgan_Corbesant
Symbol of Cyric

some people have WAAAAAAAAAAY too much time on their hands, lol. j/k.
well, if you noticed something about Viconia.........her last name is DeVir!!!!! talk about strange.....
Morgan Corbesant, Elven BladeSinger, Captain of the army of the Seldarine<br /><br /> [img]\"http://www.rleeermey.com/images/linkbanners/usmcredwhiteblue.gif\" alt=\" - \" /><br />Protector of Elves<br />Slayer of Orcs<br /><br />ALL YOUR BASE, ARE BELONG TO US!!!<br />I DON\'T FIGHT FOR HONOR, I FIGHT TO WIN!<br />\"One who is a samurai must before all things keep constantly in mind, by day and by night...the fact that he has to die\". <br />-Daidoji Yuzan-<br />16th Century
Morgan_Corbesant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 06:37 PM   #3
andrewas
Harper

quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:
There is one thing really still bothering me about minsc, on his portrait he is bald, but his paperdoll isnt!... they at least could have worked on some more detail for the NPC's... imo... and why arent there women with long hair in the game?

because the infinity engine was never intended to handle as much detail as is already included?

although there dont seem to be any pressing technical concers that would prevent alternate paperdolls for NPCs. i dunno, laziness, or did they just not expect you to take his helmet off very often. i dunno. roll on NWN and the Aurora engine.
Old 01-24-2002, 07:26 PM   #4
Helspanth
Quintesson

Why is it strange that Viconia's last name is DeVir?
Old 01-24-2002, 08:27 PM   #5
Azred
Drow Priestess

It's strange that someone didn't even bother to spend 5 minutes to think of an original Drow house name.

No matter how thinly you slice it, it's still bologna.
Azred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2002, 11:52 PM   #6
Glorfindel
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

And heres something Weird about DeVir.... In the Drow Pub on the 2nd floor in the big cage are a few DEVIR's but When I told Viconia to talk to them.... nothing.... not a cry for help from a fellow DeVir.... no help from her.... nothing..... I mean even if she is an exile they would cry for Help [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]tongue.gif[/img]
Glorfindel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2002, 11:29 AM   #7
Jerr Conner
Silver Dragon

quote:
Originally posted by Tormentor:

The Long Hair question is very answerable, long hair gets in the way in a battle. That's why Jaheira and Aerie and Nalia all have braids, and Mazzy has Dreadlocks. Even Imoen has one braid.

The longest hair is Viconia's, which is down to her shoulders. It's the same with the guys, either it's short, or long but with braids and/or dreadlocks.

I mean, you don't want to be fighting 5000 orcs and all of a sudden your hair is in the way ;C)
<b>Founder of the NPC Defender Force</b>, <b>Affiliate of the Pro-Mazzy Society</b><br />\"I hate to admit it but you\'ve earned my respect.\"--Shar-Teel (Thanks for this Illumina Drathiran\'ar)<br /> [img]\"http://userpic.livejournal.com/14048184/35120\" alt=\" - \" />
Jerr Conner is offline   Reply With Quote