Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-13-2001, 11:55 AM   #21
_max_RUSSKIE

Hey anyone like Ian Dury???? "hit me with your rythm stick...."

Frank Zappa?

Uhhm getting carrried away here i just stick to metal

Old 01-13-2001, 08:07 PM   #22
BLACK KNIGHT

At The request of Ladyzekke here are my answers:

1. I listen to a wide range of music, really. I currently have in my 5 disk changer Dave Mathews, Cranberries, Creed, Blues Traveler, and Pat Matheny. (I think that is spelled correctly, but I am too lazy to check ) I also have Miles Davis and some other Jazz Music, and then there are my two Gregorian Chant CDs. NonWestern Music Class strikes again. I like some country, but I haven't had time to buy any.

2. Yes

3. Instruments I can play: Trombone, Piano, Baritone, Tuba, Trumpet, Drum Set, and Vocals.

BK

Old 01-13-2001, 09:01 PM   #23
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

What exactly does the "Gregorian Chant" sound like? And where did you buy it? Just curious.
Old 01-13-2001, 10:11 PM   #24
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

ladyzekke, the Gregorian Chant's music are chants. Only chants with very little background music... kinda spooky, but for amateurs they are great... well I meant their history... I also play the drums, but need more lessons... I plan on taking bass guitar too...
Old 01-13-2001, 11:09 PM   #25
Ladyzekke
Ironworks Atomic Moderator

Ok I see Bahamut. I'm not much into chants with no music. I'm still extremely surpised nobody but me mentioned Led Zeplin. They are one of the most talented musicians of all time. And they are timeless in the sense that they are still played on popular radio stations.
Old 01-13-2001, 11:51 PM   #26
Bahamut
Iron Throne Cult

WHY'd YOU SAY THAT?!?! Its just like saying Yahweh when you're a jew?!?!?! Just joking. hehe I dunno... all I know are the new ones!!!! : )
Old 01-14-2001, 12:14 AM   #27
BLACK KNIGHT

I'm not saying that Bubble-Gum pop doesn't have it's place in the music realm. Just not in my top five.

And Yorick, I realize that Nirvana and Christianity don't really mesh, but IMHO, I think that some people have "God", some Have "Buddha", some people have "Shiva", but I think that the important thing is that you believe in something. Whether it be a fixed Ideals of a "Religion" or the belief in the "self". Nirvana, for me, is a state of mind where you become focused on something that is outside of the self that one can appreciate on it's simplest level that makes you forget about your petty problems and be content. For me, Nirvana is not a state of transendental bliss where you soul emerges like the Phoenix out of its shell of a body. It is more of a never ending journey to an impossible destination. It is not the destination that is the important thing, it is the trip and how you get there that counts.

Didn't mean to wax and drag on so. Just in a bit of a philosophical mood this morning. Doing Laundry on a Sat Morning while watching cartoons does that to me.

BK

Old 01-14-2001, 03:10 AM   #28
BLACK KNIGHT

SO. Just because there are no instruments means there is no music? Have you ever here Barber-Shop music? Now make it 10 times more complex and have take place in 5th cen BC. I'll admit it is sometimes not the most relaxing music. Embrace the Dissodence. But it reaches a place in my soul that bubble-gum pop can't. Gets me one step closer to Nirvana.

BK

Old 01-14-2001, 04:29 AM   #29
bocaj

wow, BLACK KNIGHT I love your Philosophy.
No bubble-gum pop for me either.

Old 01-14-2001, 09:02 AM   #30
Yorick
Very Mad Bird

Hey Black Knight, three things

1. The voice is actually considered an instrument (ever heard the quote birds can sing but can't play instruments?)

2. I do indeed embrace the dissonance.

3. Why would music dedicated to the Christian God bring you one step closer to your souls obliteration?