Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 09-08-2001, 01:23 AM   #131
Moni

KHan,
Well you see the list of names I have been called without a moderator stepping in to tell people to chill. Let's see...I speak utter rubbish and am pathetic for condemning the achievements of others...when in all actuality if I condenmed anything it was the general attitude of hatred that is expressed to anyone who would dare say that they are smart or suggest people act like they are.
Now I am arrogant and subtley nasty for posting the truth...a truth that was twisted around to be a personal attack against certain people?!

I am beginning to think I am better off not wasting any more time here!

Obsessive, imaginary rivalries are not my bag, esp when they invlove twisting other's words into personal insults and attacks...that has to take up a lot of time and energy for people to be so negative and suspicious! I don't want to be blamed for anything I am not at fault for not to mention that I don't like instilling such negativity in people I like!

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

[This message has been edited by Moni (edited 09-08-2001).]

Old 09-08-2001, 01:32 AM   #132
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Guys, I have a couple of degrees myself, which I worked very hard on. I in no way shape or form took offense at Moni's comment. You are reading too much into it, imo. Just let the whole thing drop, please.
Old 09-08-2001, 01:39 AM   #133
KHaN
Drow Warrior

It is kinda interesting Moni how SOME mods step in to defend SOME people on this board but others, like yourself, are left to hang out to dry (so to speak). If I was a mod on IW I would have stepped in at page 2 or 3. I would do my job and MODERATE the discussion and try to stay neutral. Looks like you are right. Maybe you should just concentrate on school...you know the place where they just give diplomas away JK. What's the point of being here if you get attacked for having your own opinion soley because SOMEones friends with SOMEone else and pleads for them to shush you up by spamming you with flames. BAH!

------------------

"Heads are gonna roll..."

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-08-2001).]

[This message has been edited by KHaN (edited 09-08-2001).]
Old 09-08-2001, 01:57 AM   #134
Moni

Quote:
Originally posted by KHaN:
Maybe you should just concentrate on school...
But, I have such a cool sig!

I am going to bed, KHan...you have a good night and don't get yourself into trouble while you are here...you are treading on thin ice with that post and I would hate to see you banned for telling it like it is at times.
*Hugs*

Dio, thank you very much.
Goodnight & Sweet Dreams
*Hugs*

------------------

You know childhood is over when a puddle seems like an obstacle instead of an opportunity.

Is Too! Is Not! Is Too! Is Not!

Old 09-08-2001, 02:01 AM   #135
Diogenes Of Pumpkintown
Banned User

Quote:
It is kinda interesting Moni how SOME mods step in to defend SOME people on this board but others, like yourself, are left to hang out to dry (so to speak). If I was a mod on IW I would have stepped in at page 2 or 3. I would do my job and MODERATE the discussion and try to stay neutral. Looks like you are right. Maybe you should just concentrate on school...you know the place where they just give diplomas away JK. What's the point of being here if you get attacked for having your own opinion soley because SOMEones friends with SOMEone else and pleads for them to shush you up by spamming you with flames. BAH!

Whoa there, Khan. There are other explanations as to what is going on here than the MODs are part of an evil conspiricy.

I have been a MOD myself on another forum. One simple fact is that it is simply not possible for a MOD to be here 24 hours a day, scrutinizing every single post.

Everybody involved here should just take a deep breath and relax, and let it drop for the time being. Come back with a fresh perspective tomorrow.

Things are simply being blown out of proportion.
Old 09-08-2001, 02:02 AM   #136
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Thanks Moni and goodnight. BTW ya you do have a nice sig. O and the other stuff, I could care less if they ban me. I tell it like it is. Dr. Phil ain't got nothing on me.

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 02:06 AM   #137
KHaN
Drow Warrior

Quote:
Originally posted by Diogenes Of Pumpkintown:
Whoa there, Khan. There are other explanations as to what is going on here than the MODs are part of an evil conspiricy.

I have been a MOD myself on another forum. One simple fact is that it is simply not possible for a MOD to be here 24 hours a day, scrutinizing every single post.

Everybody involved here should just take a deep breath and relax, and let it drop for the time being. Come back with a fresh perspective tomorrow.

Things are simply being blown out of proportion.
As much as I would like to agree with you I can't.
I've watched and lurked on these boards long enough to see the pattern that always forms whe certain people post...I'm suprised more haven't noticed or said anything about it. I'm not saying mods can't have or make friends, that's rubbish. I am saying however that their job should come first. Personal feelings or friendships second. Do you not agree?

------------------

Old 09-08-2001, 02:19 AM   #138
Moridin
Fzoul Chembryl

Quote:
As much as I would like to agree with you I can't.
I've watched and lurked on these boards long enough to see the pattern that always forms whe certain people post...I'm suprised more haven't noticed or said anything about it. I'm not saying mods can't have or make friends, that's rubbish. I am saying however that their job should come first. Personal feelings or friendships second. Do you not agree?
I quite agree KHaN! I have noticed it (and I know a few others have too), but no one has stated it! It is a fact that some members are treated with more leniency than others...and yes this has to do with friendship. I am not going to go more into what I believe and have seen, but wanted to reassure you that you are not the only one that has seen this blatant bias!

------------------

Never try to teach a pig to sing; it wastes your time and it annoys the pig
I've got to admit it's getting better, it's getting better all the time
Bossman of Better Funny Stuff.....of the Laughing Hyenas!
Old 09-08-2001, 02:28 AM   #139
Horus - Egyptian Sky God

ok... people, I've only read little of what is going on... but I will get back when I finish eating...

chill, brothas

Moni, I don't know what to say, but coola down. they called you name, or they offended you, it ain't matter. you see what LoA called me? I don't give a [beep]

Ladyzekke, judging by your post, it seemed I offended you. I am sorry, I unconditionally apologize.

alright, see ya later, people
Old 09-08-2001, 03:34 AM   #140
Sazerac
Ironworks Moderator

Quote:
Originally posted by MILAMBER:
I think this thread should be closed. It's not going anywhere. 250? I would count it a favor if this thread was deleted or at least closed before anyone else gets pissed/hurt.

I think it's gone beyond that, Milamber. I quite agree, although at the time when you posted this, it had not gotten that far. There seems to be nothing redemptive about this thread at all.

Moni, I'm truly sorry about what has happened here. I for one understood your point, having been in the university circuit. I can also understand how others here may have misinterpreted it. Please try not to hold it against them, and definitely keep posting! You are a valued and well-loved member here.

This thread has been nothing but misunderstanding after misunderstanding from the beginning. I think it's time that it was closed and let it die.

------------------