Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 02-19-2003, 10:39 AM   #21
Felix The Assassin
The Dreadnoks

Let me throw in my 2 cents.

My dude is of the acrobatic/stealthy type. His light armor rating is 78 or so. He wears the Saivors cuirass at AC 187, he has glass helm @ AC 173, Glass pauldrons @ AC 180 (custom made) ea. Glass greaves @ 175, and boots @ 166, Tower Shield at 185.

But Have found black leather armor, from ancient vampires (giants mod) it is slightly lower than glass, but has a huge enchant level.

My total AC is 210, and I still have 20 or so more points to add into my light armor. Wearing black leather; boots, gloves, and greaves, all @ AC 142. But all are CE, with an enchant of 150 ea. And the saviors cuirass, and glass; helm, shield and pauldrons.

Now for the rest of the story.
My Heavy armor rating is @ 53, and the best heavy armor I found was some silly named stuff and it was AC 100. A piece of plain ole daedric armor to me is only worth 50-60 AC.

So, the moral of the story is. What ever the highest armor rating you have, that is the armor to wear.

I also have the armorer plug-in. So I can caryy loads of raw glass and ebony, go to the public furnace and create my own stuff. I can make decent ebony shields, that sell for 23k ea. I have made some High quality glass, but the enchant does not increase, so I stick with my black leather.

Felix

Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe to assure the survival and the success of liberty.

John F. Kennedy
35th President of The United States

The Last Shot

Honor The Fallen

Jesus died for our sins, and American Soldiers died for our freedom.

If you don't stand behind our Soldiers, please feel free to stand in front of them.
Felix The Assassin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 04:05 PM   #22
Rhea
Drow Warrior

[quote]Originally posted by B_part:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rolandthemad:
[qb]Just one disappointment: there are only one pair of glass bracers and pauldrons in the game, which makes it impossible to properly dress my two glass armored mannequins.
Actually, there are more if you're not particular about how you come by it!

There are several NPCs wandering around in a couple of towns wearing just that thing. IIRC one is in Ebonheart (or a castle somewhere!), and the other is outside in Suran.

Basically I took one look at the guy, taunted him till he attacked me, and strolled off with his armor. ::Rhea whistles innocently:: This was, of course, before I found the promised land in the various vaults in Vivec. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

[ 02-19-2003, 04:06 PM: Message edited by: Rhea ]
Rhea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:36 PM   #23
Zoltan
Symbol of Cyric

killing those unique npc's will effect main quest?
I can feel the touch of wind on my face. Strong wind was slapping my face. I can feel the ground shake. The sky roars with vengeance and fury. From the shadows, I heard the Archmage's words:"İbne Fenner!" And then..I can't remember the rest..
Zoltan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2003, 05:57 PM   #24
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

you can kill anybody if there's no doomsday message box at the bottom. however, just save your game first before killing anybody.
Kakero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2003, 02:06 PM   #25
B_part
Quintesson

Quote:
Originally posted by Rhea:
Quote:
Originally posted by B_part:
Quote:
Originally posted by Rolandthemad:
[qb]Just one disappointment: there are only one pair of glass bracers and pauldrons in the game, which makes it impossible to properly dress my two glass armored mannequins.
Actually, there are more if you're not particular about how you come by it!
The problem is, I am quite particular for RP reasons - when stealing, killings are the marks of an amateur- and you cannot pickpocket someone of their armor...
Old 02-20-2003, 07:58 PM   #26
Gazza
Banned User

It all depends on how many points you have in each armor skill ie. Light Armor, Medium Armor, Heavy Armor. Say you've got 90 in Light Armor and only 15 in Heavy then light armor is going to give you a higher AR than heavy. And if you have high Unarmored skill then your AR will actually drop if you put armor on.
Gazza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2003, 04:19 PM   #27
Rageheart
Emerald Dragon

i like medium armor, i dont' know why