Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-26-2005, 01:37 AM   #1
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Then do what I did tonight.... I had to run upstairs for a minute, so I threw the game into the equipment screen. No problem... the game's really paused there, right?

Well, not right. As I found out.

They can't attack, but random monsters can still generate. I came back, left the equipment screen, and was promptly attacked by somewhere in the neighborhood of 40 monsters! Wolves, goblins, grim wizards, grim guards... I was almost flabbergasted! I eventually prevailed,but it was quite a bit more challenging than I had planned on

Just thought I'd share.... [img]smile.gif[/img]
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #2
Wyvern
Ironworks Moderator

WOWZAH!!!!

That does sound exciting!!!

Why do I think I won't be repeating your move?? lol!!!

Glad to hear you survived!

I was hoping to catch a little bit of time this weekend to get started in DL but instead I'm going to be driving to the other side of the world to help run a raffle for the BC rescue so that Deb doesn't have to try doing that AND hosting the flyball tournament on her own.
(shrug) one day I will get to play DL!
Wyvern is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2005, 01:01 PM   #3
Too Darkpark
The Magister

sheesh! i had a similar incident while in the forbidden lands. i was looking for that one knight (quest for the figher's guild) and i stumbled upon a shack. i went into the shack, found nothing, so i left my character standing in the doorway in the inventory screen. i walked way. i didn't have as many monsters waiting for me but these were very tough. there was one borloth (looks like a bear), two chunnellers, and a fire drake.
Old 05-26-2005, 10:27 PM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

So I'm still looking for a safe way to pause... and still playing at normal frequency. After I finish this game (if I ever do) I'll play differently, for sure. A human mage may be the best way to go.

I may even try upping the encounter frequency...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2005, 05:52 PM   #5
Paulinator
Elite Waterdeep Guard

The rest of this thread is an excellent reason to ALWAYS save your game before leaving Dungeon Lords on pause. I mean, HOLY crap, came back from the bathroom (pun intended) and I was surrounded by Forbidden Lands critters. It took me a good hour make those crtters crispy, but I must have died about a dozen times in that scrap. Critter list:

Read to the tune of 12 days of Christmas
All sorts of undead
6 Ghosts (spewing ice spells at you)
About 2 Pit trolls
Onnnnnne FIRE drake
I think there were more, happened awhile ago in an earlier game. I have to admit, it was very challenging and fun. I may just do it again.

Good Day Eh'