Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2001, 03:03 AM   #1
Itchybawls

Hello, I have a question regarding the dog meat in chapter 2. I just took them out all at once, but my problem is that I can't find the last piece of meat. I've been searching, and feel it's gone or something. Is it possible to buy some meat, or do something to get it now that it's gone?

Old 01-01-2001, 04:31 AM   #2
Memnoch
Ironworks Moderator

no that's time sensitive, it's rotted away if it's been there for more than a day. you could double check though...
Old 01-01-2001, 06:31 AM   #3
Tobbin
Red Dragon

Well, if you haven't left the screen, there is a good chance it is still there. But if you have gone anywhere, it's more than likely gone. The last piece of meat is really hard to find. I don't know why that is, but there it is. You have to go really slow with your pointer and move it around the screen until you find it. I hit the dog so hard (critical hit) that the meat landed halfway across the screen. I got pretty lucky and 'accidentally' found it when I was attacking the giant snake thing (sorry, typing at work and can't remember the da*n things name). You can use the dog meat to make the stew and then feed it to the Umber Hulks, but (first time I tried finding that steak) I got too frustrated and just worked around it. If you are pretty low level, I would recommend that you go back and find the meat, cause the Umber Hulks are *REALLY* tough. I used my Ranger/Thief and Hid in Shadows til I could backstab it, then ran out the door and kept doing that (took a LONG time). Also, if you can sneak past them and go around the right (left on the screen) there is another way you can get rid of them. The second time I went through, I was using my Ranger/Cleric and I used Sanctuary and a whole cr*pload of spells. Either way I did it, I couldn't seem to get it to work with any other party members though. I had to go it alone (The others died too many times, and I got tired of dragging their sorry dead bodies around). IronSkins and Righteous Magic were awesome with Sanctuary though. Sanctuary prevented me from being seen until I struck the first blow. And with the other two spells helping me max out damage and to hit, I did pretty good. I also had a Blade Barrier, but that didn't really seem to do anything. If you can afford those scrolls, I would highly recommend that you get them as soon as possible. It definitely worked much faster with the Ranger/Cleric than it had with the Ranger/Thief though (and the thief was getting 100 hp backstabs too).
Old 01-01-2001, 09:08 AM   #4
Kammy
Welcomed New User

Actually I left the courtyard and went away, slept and came back and found the other dog meat that I was missing. So just look everyone and anywhere.

Good luck