Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2006, 04:32 AM   #1
Winter Wolf
Manshoon

So, I have a fresh laptop with an AMD 2.41 GHz single core CPU, 2 gigs of RAM, and dual Nvidia 7900s in SLI. Playing NWN with most or all effects on (been a few days, don't recal exactly) at 1680x1050 resolution, I'm getting anywhere from 23-40 fps indoors, and it really does vary wildly. Tried nHancer, which made it worse. And for some reason it gets 'twitchy'. Clearly, I'm no expert, but with the sheer amount of resources being thrown at it, seems like something isn't configured right. I'm less concerned with the fps than with the twitch, it bugs the heck out of me.

I did search on Bioware's forums, but my search skills apparently suck, plus everything now turns up NWN2 results, which don't help a whole lot. I'm not really up to messing with vid card settings at random, because at least now everything works. Anyone got any pointers?
Old 12-16-2006, 06:10 AM   #2
SpiritWarrior
Jack Burton

Make sure you have the very latest video drivers and as always antialiasing will kill even the smoothest of framerates if you have it high enough.