Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion

Old 07-09-2005, 04:36 AM   #31
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Quote:
Originally posted by Sigmar:
O_o

Lose Control is one of the finest club songs since "Yeah!", the "gimp" on the keyboard is Supadupafly who happens to be black. Timbaland also assisted in the production of the song, which digs deep into the vaults of Detroit techno and samples Juan Atkin’s cybotron electro classic, ‘Clear’. It's an incredible song in itself, and Missy Elliot is the most unique female talent to grace the Hip-hop genre, ever (her style, her dance moves, everything). If you don't like a particular song or genre fine, but give up the "ROCK IS REAL MUSIC, NOT CRAP" trip.

Besides Black Label Society ain't nothing special, ol' Zakk Wylde should have stuck with Ozzy.

I'm listening to "Bouncin' Back (Bumpin' Me Against The Wall)"- Mystikal and while I've been typing this I've also been listening to "Pride"- Damageplan...and I'm also listening to my new wee little puppy annihilate a squeaky-duck toy.
100% agree with you, Sigmar . Loose control isn't my favorite song out at the time, but it's still a pretty good song.
I'm listening to Playa's Only by R. Kelly featuring The Game atm. It's a good song (IMO), and I can't understand why it doesn't receive my recognition. I like R. Kelly's Trapped in the Closet stories, but I don't understand why they are rated higher than Playa's Only; maybe cuz The Game is basically re-using his successful verse when he was still G-Unit?
Next up...B-Boy Stance by Cassidy

[ 07-09-2005, 04:38 AM: Message edited by: Lord ]

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2005, 07:47 AM   #32
nethrin
Elite Waterdeep Guard

listening to "oh well, okay" off elliott smith's "xo" album.
[url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/kindrekmod.htm\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/nethrin/kindrek.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /></a> [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/yasraenamod.htm\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/nethrin/YASRAENS.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /></a> [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/williebrucemod.htm\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/nethrin/WILLYBS.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /></a> [url]\"http://www.gilalion.com/saerilethmod.htm\" target=\"_blank\"> [img]\"http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y112/nethrin/SAERILES.jpg\" alt=\" - \" /></a>
nethrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2005, 07:53 AM   #33
Horsimus
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Horsimus:
quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
loose control-Missy Elliott
*chokes back bile*

Listen to music, not some gimp on a keyboard trying to act black while some girl that should be put out to the pasture dances around like a second-rate Michael Jackson.

The Blessed Hellride - Black Label Society
[/QUOTE]O_o

Lose Control is one of the finest club songs since "Yeah!", the "gimp" on the keyboard is Supadupafly who happens to be black. Timbaland also assisted in the production of the song, which digs deep into the vaults of Detroit techno and samples Juan Atkin’s cybotron electro classic, ‘Clear’. It's an incredible song in itself, and Missy Elliot is the most unique female talent to grace the Hip-hop genre, ever (her style, her dance moves, everything). If you don't like a particular song or genre fine, but give up the "ROCK IS REAL MUSIC, NOT CRAP" trip.

Besides Black Label Society ain't nothing special, ol' Zakk Wylde should have stuck with Ozzy.

I'm listening to "Bouncin' Back (Bumpin' Me Against The Wall)"- Mystikal and while I've been typing this I've also been listening to "Pride"- Damageplan...and I'm also listening to my new wee little puppy annihilate a squeaky-duck toy.
[/QUOTE]I'm a fan of Westside Connection, Xzibit, and 2Pac, as well as many many many techno songs and artists (Basement Jaxx, Fatboy Slim, Sander Kleinenberg) as well as industrial (Insurge, NIN, Orgy, Marilyn Manson) - and have now listened to Lose Control and other Missy Elliot songs - not the biggest fan of the rap, but good music.

But feel free not to pigeonhole me as a brain-dead metalhead.
Old 07-11-2005, 07:15 PM   #34
shadowhound
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Paint it, Black - Rolling Stones
Old 07-14-2005, 03:52 PM   #35
Sigmar
Unicorn

Quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Hivetyrant:
loose control-Missy Elliott
*chokes back bile*

Listen to music, not some gimp on a keyboard trying to act black while some girl that should be put out to the pasture dances around like a second-rate Michael Jackson.

The Blessed Hellride - Black Label Society
[/QUOTE]O_o

[/QUOTE]I'm a fan of Westside Connection, Xzibit, and 2Pac, as well as many many many techno songs and artists (Basement Jaxx, Fatboy Slim, Sander Kleinenberg) as well as industrial (Insurge, NIN, Orgy, Marilyn Manson) - and have now listened to Lose Control and other Missy Elliot songs - not the biggest fan of the rap, but good music.

But feel free not to pigeonhole me as a brain-dead metalhead.
[/QUOTE]If you had given me any reason to think otherwise I probably would have. Your initial post "Listen to music, not some gimp on a keyboard trying to act black while some girl that should be put out to the pasture dances around like a second-rate Michael Jackson." was in the favoured style of many a "brain-dead metal head" that I've had the great misfortune to discuss hip/hop music with (some of my friends included, not that there's anything wrong with liking the metal/deathmetal genre ).

i.e:

1-You describe the song as "not being music", you then go on to say the song you're listening to is from a rock group.
2-"Gimp on keyboard trying to act black" Sorry, but this statement made me think you were ignorant about the song and the hip/hop genre in general.
3-"girl that should be put out to pasture dances around like a second-rate Michael Jackson" This statement supported my thinking that you were a "Rawk-nut" who happened to detest rap.

So yeah, it's great you have a broad and varied taste in music, but if you don't write anything that suggests this in your original post, which, also appears to have a hefty dose of anti-rap sentiment attached to it how exactly am I supposed to interpret it?

Edit- "Cowboys From Hell" - Pantera

[ 07-14-2005, 03:56 PM: Message edited by: Sigmar ]
Sigmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 11:57 AM   #36
Onur The Courageous
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Awaking the centuries from Haggard
Old 07-23-2005, 02:10 PM   #37
Rataxes
Symbol of Cyric

Clap Your Hands Say Yeah (band) - The Skin of My Yellow Country Teeth (song title)
Old 07-23-2005, 05:32 PM   #38
philip
Galvatron

Children of Bodom - Children of decadence [img]graemlins/rock.gif[/img]
philip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2005, 05:39 PM   #39
Duagloth Duskryn
Dungeon Master

kingdom for a heart - sonata arctica
Old 07-24-2005, 12:28 AM   #40
Jorath Calar
Harper