Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 07-15-2001, 07:07 AM   #41
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Magnanimous in victory - sure Memmie, count me in .

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 07:36 AM   #42
Davros
Takhisis Follower

And on tje subject of PRATLEY (that Austin dude), I came acros the following article on the net :

Austin Healey could face disciplinary action over an outspoken newspaper column that has incensed the Lions management.

Leicester and England star Healey, who withdrew from the Test series decider against Australia because of a back injury, was criticised by Lions coach Graham Henry as the tourists began packing their bags for home.

Healey's tirade - he targeted Australia, Australian males and the weather among other things - included a blast at Wallabies lock Justin Harrison, whom he labelled a "plod" and a "plank".

His outburst came just a fortnight after scrum-half Matt Dawson was carpeted for blasting the Lions coaching staff and training regime, also in print.

A four-figure fine is the course of action Healey can expect from Home Unions chiefs, although he was not around to face any music on Sunday, having been among the first batch of players to leave Australia.

"I am amazed that a Lion in the group would give the opposition the ammunition they required to prepare for the game," said Henry.

"It was a built-in team talk for Rod Macqueen (Wallabies coach) and the Australian team.

"I am not sure what Austin thought - he possibly thought it would knock them (Australia) off their equilibrium. But knowing the Australian animal like I do, it was ideal ammunition.

"I was amazed that anyone could have written that," he added.

And in a general observation on players writing controversial columns, Henry added: "I am disappointed that those things occurred. There was a system in place that they shouldn't occur, but it obviously didn't work.

"I believe the team comes first and I believe that by criticising people in that group, you are not doing what you should be doing.

"The team comes first and that is very important if you are going to have the ultimate in a team situation."

Healey, whose comments appeared in The Guardian newspaper, predictably received some fierce flak from furious Australians.

"He is just a child, just so incredibly immature," former Wallabies Test captain Nick Farr-Jones told The Sun-Herald newspaper.

"What he said was outrageous. I cannot imagine his motivation for such an attack. It doesn't deserve a response, but I think we have to because he is so immature."

And Simon Poidevin, another Australian rugby great, added: "Australian Customs have a lot to answer for letting this bloke into the country."

I think that last quote from Simon sums it up best for all of us .

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 07:41 AM   #43
Grojlach
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Donut:
Grojlach - how can I break this to you. The Netherlands beat Ireland by two runs in Toronto yesterday and you have qualified for the 2003 Cricket World Cup Finals.

With a population of about 16 million and only .0001% being interested in cricket you have qualified with only 16 players. Fantastic achievement mate.

Yups... This is actually the first time I hear about it and I'm looking at the national sports programs on TV on a daily basis... It's nice for the family members of the cricket team, but for some reason, no one really cares about it in the Netherlands; I believe our national team even has to play in one of the British leagues, simply because we don't have a cricket competition in Holland...
Old 07-15-2001, 12:15 PM   #44
Grojlach
Zartan

Hmm, you guys are the experts here... The score in the match the Netherlands vs Namibia is 65/2/19 at the moment... Is that good or bad??? I mean, it's all jibberish to me, to be honest...
Old 07-15-2001, 12:30 PM   #45
Davros
Takhisis Follower

I'm going to have to make some guesses here, because the way you have presented the information doesn't make sense. I would guess that you have scored 65 runs for the loss of 2 wickets (out of 10) off a current total of 19 overs (you get to face 50 overs as long as you don't lose your 10 wickets). If that is correct, then I would say that you have made a solid start, but your batsmen are not being very adventurous at pushing along the scoring rate. I would expect a score of 225 should be more that enough to win .

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 12:53 PM   #46
Grojlach
Zartan

Perhaps it's not making sense, but that's exactly the way it's presentated at the dutch Teletext; I just copied it down to this thread, actually... Guess those who update it have no clue how to do that either... lol. Anyway, it seems to be 95/3/30 right now...
Old 07-15-2001, 01:45 PM   #47
Psychedelic Buttafly
Zhentarim Guard

hi i am ready to talk sport
anyone there!!!!

------------------
Old 07-15-2001, 06:10 PM   #48
Davros
Takhisis Follower

Hi there PB - so nice of you to wait till 1 am here, and 3 am at Memmies before coming over to visit this thread. Now I WONDER - did you perhaps plan it that way . So come on PB, if you're ready to talk sports, give us your take on the way in which the golden Wallabies became the first OZ team in 102 years to break the Lions hoodoo and win a series against them . Let us know your perspective .

------------------
Old 07-16-2001, 04:34 AM   #49
Donut
Jack Burton

I have read the offerings on this page and have found nothing of interest.

------------------

Save Chip - Don't let Sarah win!
Official Titterer of the Laughing Hyenas
Old 07-16-2001, 04:40 AM   #50
Davros
Takhisis Follower

What what what - NOTHING OF INTEREST DONUT????? Tell me now, how many points did you score in your Elton Johnny bet??? What is your impression of that ugh whinger (whoops, winger ) Mr Austin Healey. And most of all, how many pints of Cider did it take to drown your sorrows . Cheer up matey, the next cricket test starts on Thursday - who knows........ .

------------------