Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-22-2004, 09:12 AM   #1
Robalex
Dungeon Master

I am currently using an ATI Rage Fury set at 1024 X 768 with 32 bit True colour I'm also using Direct X 7.0. My card supports Direct 3d and I have no problem getting full screen in Wizardry 8 at the click of a mouse. Why can't I do so with W&W. I have read several posts where they talk about D3d mode. When I click on the Graphics button I get no option. I am in "software driver" and nothing else is available. Why is this the case??
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 10:19 PM   #2
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Is your vid card set up for more than software mode? Run dxiag and see what the results are for your video. The 3D stuff may not be enabled...

As for not getting full screen, are you saying that when you play, the game shows in a window? Or are you saying that it plays at a smaller resolution than you would like?

I know you've had a couple of video problems... did you switch cards around? If so, did you reinstall the game after switching? It does make a big -- I mean BIG -- difference...
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2004, 11:14 PM   #3
Robalex
Dungeon Master

To answer you question first about full screen. No my game shows in a window.I tested Direct 3d with Dxiag & it's working fine my card passed the tests. Direct 3d is enabled. Just exactly what am I supposed to see. As I say when I click on the graphics button in the game it shows "software driver" and no other option.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2004, 01:01 AM   #4
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Hmmm... I can't remember a command or setting to run in a window. Have you tried an F4 to switch modes? That's a common Windows setting... it may also be something on the properties of the icon. Right-click and check that as well.

W&W checks your vid card the first time you run the game and determines what settings are applicable. Have you changed vid cards since installing the game, and if so, have you reinstalled the game?
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote