Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 05-15-2004, 10:48 PM   #11
Dang
The Magister

OK, here's a question, though I'm afraid I already know the answer. *SPOILER IF YOU'RE A NEWBY LIKE ME [img]smile.gif[/img] *

I recently met a toad who told me to say Ukabu to another toad (or maybe that was the toad to whom I was to say it); but while investigating the Serran shrine I was attacked by toadsavages and defended myself. Now the toad I'm to talk to attacks me.

So: 1) can I make friends with the toads?

2) can I win the game if I can't make friends with the toads?
Dang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2004, 11:51 PM   #12
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Ah, the toads...

There are three groups of toads out there.

First is Mekdawa. He runs away all the time. Later on, you can teleport him to the bottom of Kerielle's tower, where he can't get away. He can't do ladders either

Second is Ekbu, Shinwiki, and the others at the toad village. Both Ekbu and Shinwiki need to know that you are Ukabu. If Ekbu doesn't, he can get mad at you...

Third are the Toad Savages that frequent the area to the south of Ishad N'ha. Kill them. They just get in the way, and you can never make friends with them.

If you blow this quest entirely, you can still finish the game quite well. All you'll miss is some XP and a five-HP boost.
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 03:27 AM   #13
Dang
The Magister

Right! Thanks. Good thing, too, because I've gone quite far since then. Poor Kerielle. She seems to walk into the windmill fans a lot (I think that's where the crush dmg is coming from.). --That's call a non sequitur, folks!

Oh, and angry Ekbu sure is fast! I had to doubletime it on the raft to get away from him!

[ 05-16-2004, 03:28 AM: Message edited by: Dang ]
Old 05-16-2004, 08:57 AM   #14
Robalex
Dungeon Master

It seems like you did nearly the same thing as me. There are too many Unfriendlies around him. Maybe a stray shot hit M. When you get to toad village though abandon the raft & try sneaking up to Ikabu's hut in water. There is a ladder to climb up on the quay but if he yells "Stop" do so or he will call guards to get you. I also read you have to avoid other huts & if you hear other toads commenting while you're near hit hut you've been TOADED & have to reload. Me I'm still trying to get to Ikabu without irritating the village toads.
Robalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 09:31 AM   #15
bsftcs
Red Dragon

If one loiters in the waters around Toad Village too long instead of going straight to Ekbu, the guards will be summoned and your chance of befriending them forever forfeit. The same can happen if one does battle with toadsavages too close to the village.
Old 05-16-2004, 03:31 PM   #16
Dang
The Magister

Well, if you mess up the Toad quest is it:

1) OK to kill the Toads
2) Mean and Unheroic to kill the Toads

Here's another question:

The barkeep mentioned the Gypsies keep their stash under the Boathouse; they live in what is identified on the map as the Lakehouse. I have tried several things and thought maybe you could get up on the roof and slide down the chimney. I stacked up 3 treasure chests and actually have managed to jump up on the roof for a single moment before falling back down and knocking down the top chest. For the sake of my sanity, is there anything on the roof or is that a total wrong tack to take?

Thanks!
Old 05-16-2004, 04:14 PM   #17
Nanobyte
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

To answer your last question, no, there's nothing on the roof. Try talking with the foretelling gypsy instead.
Nanobyte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2004, 04:53 PM   #18
Dang
The Magister

Oh, the ideas I get! OK, I'll talk to Harespia again.
Old 05-16-2004, 04:56 PM   #19
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Nanobyte is a gentleman, I am more spoilish. To get to their treasure chamber you have to talk to Harespia. Mention the word "orb". (You have to type it into the vocabulary yourself). Once you have done that she will give you a quest to fetch her something for which she will part with the orb of clarity (which you need to complete a wizard guild quest). When you have completed her quest she will open the hatch to the basement.
Old 05-16-2004, 06:23 PM   #20
Dang
The Magister

Well, you are naughty, bsftcs!

Does anybody else think the torch sconces in the Serpent temple look like the Wizardry 8 symbol?