Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Wizards & Warriors Forum

Old 03-07-2004, 03:12 AM   #1
megan row
Elite Waterdeep Guard

good morning,
and thanks again to all that have helped me until now. i begin to see how complex the game is. i like it.
during the last time i have played diablo II and enjoyed it. there are fundamental differences betreen those two games and i prefer role playing games as might and magic (long, long ago) and now w&w.
another point is the forum. i love this forum where you can get contact to people all over the world and talk and laugh with them. the diablo II forum is highly professionel, but very restrictive. i remember that i once asked for an item (in online modus) which was banned because of duping danger and i immediately got an e-mail saying that in case of repeating trying to cheat they would expell me from the forum. i don´t like that. its kind of big brother mentality. it seems to me, and i am of course quite objective, that people here are more of the "playing" kind and not taking things too serious.
some questions:
does an unidentified item work?
what are gems good for?
should one keep all the keys you found in the game i.e. the golden key from the crypt?
and what can you do with an ankh. i`ve got two of them and they can evoke something, but what.
have a nice sunday
greetings
mr
megan row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 03:22 AM   #2
Lord
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

I'm glad you like this forum [img]smile.gif[/img]
And to answer some of your questions:
An unidentified item does work AFAIK.
Gems are good for selling to make some money.
You usually don't need any of the keys you accumulate throughout the game unless you need to come back to that area for some reason.
Ankhs are great items. Use them to raise your stats. Different ankhs raise different stats by 1 point (the description will tell you which 1 it will raise). You can only use it outside.

"No, I only lied about being a thief."
Lord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 06:49 AM   #3
WillowIX
Apophis

Quote:
Originally posted by megan row:

does an unidentified item work?

Yes they do. Of course you do stumble upon several cursed daggers in the beginning of the game. And it costs gold to remove them.

what are gems good for?

Absolutely nothing. Simply sell them.

should one keep all the keys you found in the game i.e. the golden key from the crypt?

No you don't need to hang on to them. Sell them. If you need them later on you can simply buy them back. Or check the best tip thread and add a mule to your party. You then have all your goodies kept safe in the inn.

and what can you do with an ankh. i`ve got two of them and they can evoke something, but what.

The ankhs you invoke to gain points in attributes. But AFAIK they work in town as well.
have a nice sunday
greetings
mr
And have an excellent sunday you as well megan. [img]smile.gif[/img]
WillowIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2004, 08:03 AM   #4
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Usually I leave my keys in the exit room of a dungeon once I KNOW I am done there. They can literally fill up a character's entire inventory.

And a very nice Sunday to you as well. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Ankhs can be used anywhere. In any dungeon and inside cities.
Old 03-07-2004, 10:56 AM   #5
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yeppers... one of the nice things about W&W is this forum. I have been on other forums where "flame the newbie" was the community game... not so here.

And it's a pleasure to have another long-time MM player on board as well. I started with MM1, many moons ago.

As for your questions, you've gotten a lot of good input. I'll add just two things:

1. When you use a key, typically it disappears. If you picked the lock instead, the key will never disappear. Those you can throw away; they will remain forever where you dropped them, so bsftcs' suggestion to leave them at the entrance of their dungeon is a really good one. [img]graemlins/thumbsup.gif[/img]

2. You get ability points at level-up to raise your stats to 18. Training can raise your skills to level 20. Ankhs can raise them to level 24. I prefer to save my ankhs until someone has trained to level 20. That way, the ankh improves me to someplace no one else can get me to. It's not wrong to use them earlier (say, to get to the right level for a class change), but it somehow feels wasted to me... [img]smile.gif[/img]

Keep asking! There's lots of good fun in here (and in the game, too [img]smile.gif[/img] ).
-+-+-+
Give 'em a hug one more time. It might be the last.
Bungleau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2004, 04:25 AM   #6
Radek
Red Dragon

Keys: they never vanish. IMO, the best solution is the Bsftcs' one: drop them on the ground near the entrance to the dungeon where they belong to. They will be there all the time.
Only a few keys open more doors than one. The exceptions are: The Skull key in the Serpent Temple and the key from Shurugeon Castle. Both of them open two doors.
Old 03-08-2004, 10:22 AM   #7
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Most keys stay in your inventory after use. The key used to open the Kerah Statue room in the Serpent Temple vanishes after use. I cannot remember if there are one or two other keys that also vanish.
Old 03-08-2004, 02:44 PM   #8
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Yep, that Kerah statue room key vanishes after use. And did you know that if you close the door after going in, it stays closed forever?

Yep, discovered that one the hard way I forget if I tried to shut the door or just tried to pick the lock, but that room is now closed... forever...
-+-+-+
Old 03-08-2004, 04:47 PM   #9
bsftcs
Red Dragon

Exactly how does one shut the door again?
Old 03-08-2004, 07:56 PM   #10
Bungleau
40th Level Warrior

Like I said, I forget... but I know I did it (or should I say, the Den did it).

I think I tried to open the lock again, which caused it to shut. Then I couldn't open it again.
-+-+-+