Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal

Old 09-20-2003, 10:29 AM   #41
Faceman
Hathor

I think you misunderstood me.
Currently it is so that you
+ can't take Dynaheir and Khalid through (as they die due to SoA story)
+ can immediately recruit Imoen,Minsc,Jaheira (as in normal SoA but with your end BG1 stats)
+ can take any other character through even though (and I guess that's going to be changed) he may appear later in the game causing one character to exist twice (e.g. Xzar or Ajantis). There is another bug that "solves" this problem with Viconia and Edwin as they are missing in SoA and need to be CLUAed in so you won't get two of them if you take e.g. Edwin through and then do the Mae'Var quest (which will be undoable until you spawn Edwin and have two of them again ).
Old 09-20-2003, 04:36 PM   #42
Olorin

Breakout Champion Hexxagon Champion
Quote:
Originally posted by Faceman:
There is another bug that "solves" this problem with Viconia and Edwin as they are missing in SoA and need to be CLUAed in so you won't get two of them if you take e.g. Edwin through and then do the Mae'Var quest (which will be undoable until you spawn Edwin and have two of them again ).
If you do that, can you then recruit the second Edwin into your party? Hmmm...PC Sorceror, and two Edwins...
"Many are my names in many countries. Mithrandir among the Elves, Tharkun to the Dwarves; Olorin I was in my youth in the West that is forgotten, in the South Incanus, in the North Gandalf; to the East I go not"

--The Two Towers
Olorin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2003, 05:08 PM   #43
andrewas
Harper

Quote:
Originally posted by Timber Loftis:
Any chance you can load a saved BG1 game???
No. The area codes, worldmap file, some of the basic file formats themselves, and probably some other minor stuff is different. It would be possible to write a converter, but that sort of coding is boring and tedious and error-prone, and I dont think anyone is going to volunteer to do it for free.

Quote:
Also:

If you install BG2 twice, can you still play BG2 -- so you'd be able to play either one without converting back & forth?

Thanks for the info -- I downloaded it and will likely install it.
If you have two installs of BG2, you should be able to. Otherwise you would need the much larger BG:Trilogy mod which allows you to play any section of the game at any time.