Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Baldurs Gate II: Shadows of Amn & Throne of Bhaal > Baldurs Gate II Archives

Old 10-27-2001, 03:18 AM   #1
Jafin
Symbol of Cyric

I was wondering where you can get elven chain mail. I know it's there because I've heard people talk about it and it's available in my editor (I don't like to cheat though, just see what there is ) so now I want it! Imoen would be much more effective if she had some decent armor. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 6 if that has any effect on whether or not I can get it.

Also, how many groups, and who, can I get to fight Bodhi with me? I currently have enlisted Drizzt Do' Urden (and friends?), the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, and the Shadow Thieves. Can I get anyone else, like the Harpers maybe, to help me? I'm not really concerned about losing, I just wanna make sure that I've got it covered

Thanks!

-Jafin

------------------

Proud Citizen of the United States of America
The Original Arch-Mage of the HADB
Destroyer of the evil Bunnies
Proprietor of the Boogre Bar
The not-so-secret admirer of Lioness
Mage of the Court of Lady Lioness
Old 10-27-2001, 04:31 AM   #2
ReGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by Jafin:
I was wondering where you can get elven chain mail. I know it's there because I've heard people talk about it and it's available in my editor (I don't like to cheat though, just see what there is ) so now I want it! Imoen would be much more effective if she had some decent armor. I'm at the beginning of Chapter 6 if that has any effect on whether or not I can get it.

Also, how many groups, and who, can I get to fight Bodhi with me? I currently have enlisted Drizzt Do' Urden (and friends?), the Most Noble Order of the Radiant Heart, and the Shadow Thieves. Can I get anyone else, like the Harpers maybe, to help me? I'm not really concerned about losing, I just wanna make sure that I've got it covered

Thanks!

-Jafin

I think you can't get your hands on an elven chain mail until you get to the underdark...but I'm not sure
And as far as I know, that's the only ones you can get to help you with Bodhi...
But I never wan't anyone to help me...they're just annoying and if you cast a teenie-weenie fireball, they attack YOU...goddam judas.

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

[This message has been edited by ReGiN (edited 10-27-2001).]

Old 10-27-2001, 05:48 AM   #3
Zbyszek

And that mails on house/clan leaders in Trademeet? But I am not sure.
Old 10-27-2001, 06:12 AM   #4
tehmpus
The Magister

Ya just have to have godlike aim with those teensy weensie fireballs.

Also consider that clerics have a spell called "holy smite" I believe which is similar to a fireball, but only hits your enemies. It's great for tossing in the middle of a melee. 1D4 damage per level without any level limit if I remember correctly. At high levels, that easily outdoes fireball.

------------------
Tehmpus Thales the permanently InSaNe
Old 10-27-2001, 06:19 AM   #5
Zbyszek

Unfortunatelly holy smite hits all evil characters. So do not let Viconia to cast it right where she is
Old 10-27-2001, 11:51 AM   #6
ReGiN

Quote:
Originally posted by tehmpus:
Ya just have to have godlike aim with those teensy weensie fireballs.

Also consider that clerics have a spell called "holy smite" I believe which is similar to a fireball, but only hits your enemies. It's great for tossing in the middle of a melee. 1D4 damage per level without any level limit if I remember correctly. At high levels, that easily outdoes fireball.
That sounds good...maybe I'll use it next time!
Still....drizzt is more fun dead!
maybe I'll let him live when I play a good character...

------------------

I saw the movie, but I didn't think the action scenes were THAT good.

[This message has been edited by ReGiN (edited 10-27-2001).]

Old 10-27-2001, 12:05 PM   #7
Anthem
Dungeon Master

I got elven chain in Trademeet. When I recovered the artifact from the crypt, i didnt give it to the high merchant...I gave it to one of the warring families instead. A fight insues...I think The Lord has it on his corpse...might lose a rep pt or 2 for going this route..but you have the nice green elven chain!
Old 10-27-2001, 12:07 PM   #8
Anthem
Dungeon Master

If youve recovered imoen youve already done trademeet most likely...if so maybe you could return there and simply murder the Lord,,,,
Old 10-28-2001, 07:55 AM   #9
Kezardin
Elminster

Jafin,

a word of caution - if drizzt or one of the leaders helping you kill bodhi you don't get the experience points.

I usually slam the door in their faces in the final tussle and do it mano-a-vampiro

Kez