Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > General Discussion > General Conversation Archives (11/2000 - 01/2005)

Old 05-16-2003, 12:04 PM   #1
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

I am a decent orc player with slightly above average micro management skills. barely lvl 11.

well, I am looking for someone that is not a complete newbie to team up with. or that if you are newbie, but you are willing to learn, then we can give it a try as well.

specific request, it would work best if you are good at getting air units. NE chims, Human gryphons etc
Old 05-16-2003, 12:32 PM   #2
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

Used to play it, was a pretty good Undead player - haven't played it online but played on LAN against mates.

Undead are unbeatable in the hands of a good player [img]smile.gif[/img] Just have 6 or 7 necromancers and any invading army becomes a defending army of skeletons. Any flying units get brought to the ground immediately and automatically by crypt fiends

Sorry don't really have time to play any more though.

Forgot to mention: Forst Wryms are also hard az nailz They can take out guard towers no problem as they just freeze them and then the rest is easy.

[ 05-16-2003, 12:39 PM: Message edited by: Vaskez ]
Old 05-16-2003, 01:25 PM   #3
/)eathKiller
Dracolisk

I like the undead too, but I think the Night elves are too strong for their own good...
Old 05-16-2003, 01:29 PM   #4
Vaskez
Takhisis Follower

The Night Elves are quite good but IMO are the most difficult to master. Especially cos you need to remember so many hotkeys to use the abilities of all the units quickly and efficiently. In fact I got bored trying to make good use of all their units, it's too complicated to cast all these spells from the different druids at the beginning of every skirmish and if you don't cast them, then what's the point in having them? Stick to simpler teams
Love conquers all? Damn, I'd say that area's gray
Old 05-16-2003, 01:45 PM   #5
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

Night Elf are the cheapest thing in the game. :rollseyes:

Orcs rule all.
Old 05-16-2003, 04:28 PM   #6
Kakero
40th Level Warrior

Nightelves are too powerful. I prefer humans as they are weak. [img]smile.gif[/img]
Old 05-16-2003, 11:40 PM   #7
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Vaskez:
Used to play it, was a pretty good Undead player - haven't played it online but played on LAN against mates.

Undead are unbeatable in the hands of a good player [img]smile.gif[/img] Just have 6 or 7 necromancers and any invading army becomes a defending army of skeletons. Any flying units get brought to the ground immediately and automatically by crypt fiends

Sorry don't really have time to play any more though.

Forgot to mention: Forst Wryms are also hard az nailz They can take out guard towers no problem as they just freeze them and then the rest is easy.
no way, wand of negation, or human priest's dispel will distroy those skeletons.

well, the cheapest strategy is NE build mass chims. so lame, but unfortunately very hard to counter unless you maintain a strong harrassment through out the game to force the NE build other units.
Old 05-16-2003, 11:42 PM   #8
Ken Rauhl
Dungeon Master

Quote:
Originally posted by Kakero:
Nightelves are too powerful. I prefer humans as they are weak. [img]smile.gif[/img]
i prefer orc because Warchieften Thrall is such an honorable leader. heh, also you just gotta love Blademaster ^^

anyways, anyone care to play?

[ 05-16-2003, 11:42 PM: Message edited by: Ken Rauhl ]
Old 05-17-2003, 09:08 AM   #9
Jerome
Knight of the Rose

*shrugs* I'll give anyone a game. No promises on the quality of my playing though.