Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-06-2000, 04:38 PM   #1
Blackened

ok i think i did everything in the vale. got all the keys, talked to and kill the skeleton in the last room and then killed mykruls sender. then i went went to the elder and he said nothing. so i went back to all the caves and searched again and theres nothing different. help
Old 07-06-2000, 04:43 PM   #2
Wretched

On the far right of the Vale map, there's a crypt which you have to enter and complete before you can progress in the Vale stage. If you've entered here already, you may note that there's a room (on the 2nd floor down) that has 3 big pillars, and some gears on the left-hand side of the room. You need to pull the switch located on one of the pillars, which opens that door (I know it doesn't look like a door, because you can't highlight it... but it's a door!). Then, you go inside and talk to the head hauncho, who will tell you what you need to continue your adventures.

Good luck,

-The Wretched
Old 07-06-2000, 04:53 PM   #3
Blackened

ok i went to that cave. is it the cave that has the birdge going across and then theres a circle of coffins with one open. i couldnt find another floor or pillars or anything to help here.
Old 07-06-2000, 05:26 PM   #4
Wretched

I wish I had the game in front of me so I could be more specific, but if you are in the crypt, and you keep going straight up, you'll hit a dead end. However, if you look closely (they are hidden by shaddows) there are two other passageways.. one branches left, one right. The one that heads to the right will take you to the next floor down, which is where you'll find all the stuff that I mentioned in my first reply.

You really have to get your characters to walk closely along the wall, and eventually the shadow will recede where the passage is. It's a pain to find, but it is there.
Old 07-06-2000, 06:52 PM   #5
Blackened

ok yea now i know what your talking about. i went through there but i cant move the lever or open the door south of the lever.
Old 07-06-2000, 07:15 PM   #6
Wretched

So you're saying you got into the room with 3 pillars now, but when you hit the lever nothing happens?

If that is the case, you need the Wolf's Paw amulet in your possession before the lever will work (so I've heard). If you have it but it still doesn't work, make sure it's been identified and that the person pulling the lever is also the one wearing the talisman. I don't know if any of this makes a difference, but it's the only thing I could think of as to why the lever won't open the door that sits between the gears.
Old 07-10-2000, 09:44 AM   #7
Charancis

you need a key found to the right side of the
map on the same level. It is against a wall in a crypt. Once, I found that key I was able to open the mechanical doors and complete the quest of the Vale.