Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Classics > Icewind Dale | Heart of Winter | Icewind Dale II Forum

Old 07-05-2000, 11:02 PM   #1
DailyRich

Okay, my human paladin was killed in the Dragon's Eye. So I truck back to the temple in Kuldahar to get him raised. Only the priest there can't do it -- it's not selectable as an option. So I buy a scroll of Raise Dead for my cleric, equip it, use it on the paladin, and nothing happened. Didn't even cast. So then I tried it on a living character, and she cast it. There was no body to pick up, was there? I didn't see one, and I'd hate to have to fight this battle all over again. What am I missing here?
Old 07-06-2000, 10:44 AM   #2
kdogrex2

Actually, I've read that later in the game, you need cannot just truck back to the temple, that you have to cast your Raise Dead on the character in question at the spot of his or her demise. If you take your scroll and go back there, you should be able to raise the character. I haven't come across the situation myself, so post back and let us know if it works!
Old 07-06-2000, 11:54 AM   #3
DailyRich

Thanks, I'll give that a try. Although I'm NOT looking forward to taking on the Lizard King again -- between him and the shaman, that's a tough fight.
Old 07-06-2000, 02:57 PM   #4
Wretched

I've not run into this problem yet, but then again the reason is probably that the only character in my party who keeps dying is an elf... so I have to use Resurrect on her, as Raise Dead doesn't work on elves.

Good to know, however... If I get into this situation I'll post what happened here, just to keep y'all up to date.
Old 07-08-2000, 09:42 AM   #5
DailyRich

Well it worked -- I assumed since the character portrait still appeared, we carried the body back with us, but not so. So I just got some Raise Dead scrolls and went back in, and no problems using them. Just glad there are no full elves in my party!
Old 07-08-2000, 09:37 PM   #6
Wretched

Good to know on the Raise Dead issue.

However, don't worry about it with full elves... because for them, you have to use the Resurrect spell, which doesn't need the body present to work. Trust me, I know this one for a fact, because my thief/mage is an elf, and she's died more times than I care to admit.