Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)
FAQ Calendar Arcade Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2005, 03:03 AM   #1
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Especially with all the movie scenes in it??
Old 05-07-2005, 05:57 AM   #2
RoSs_bg2_rox
Zartan

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think it's actually out here.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:44 AM   #3
Hivetyrant
Jack Burton

Its out here and it loks pretty good, But I hav't heard enough good things about it to make me want to o and buy it yet
Hivetyrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2005, 08:11 PM   #4
Jorath Calar
Harper

My brother wants it badly, guess I got to fork out... although I told him he could not play it while I was in the house... [img]smile.gif[/img]
Jorath Calar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2005, 11:00 AM   #5
Sir Degrader
Thoth - Egyptian God of Wisdom

It looks like burning! Honesty though, it looks like something you find in your toiletbowl (and I don't mean a toothbrush that fell from your sink), and plays like an empty coke bottle on 'roids.
Sir Degrader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2005, 08:10 AM   #6
Paladin2000
Fzoul Chembryl

Have not seen any review on Gamespot. Anyway, most of the games based on movie titles suck big time. I have fallen for that waaaaay too many times already.

Edited:
Wow... new avatar. Took me long enough to get it.

[ 05-09-2005, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: Paladin2000 ]
Old 05-09-2005, 09:17 AM   #7
Spelca
Emerald Dragon

I don't understand these games... Don't they reveal the plot of the movie? In the commercial that I saw, they actually say you should get it and play it before you see the movie... But won't that ruin it? [img]graemlins/uhoh1.gif[/img]
Old 05-09-2005, 10:43 AM   #8
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

Well, Spelca, if I see the movie first, won't it ruin the game? [img]graemlins/erm.gif[/img]

Actually, I *want* to know the story, and I have gotten most of it. I like a lot of these games. This one reminds me of the Return of the King game, which got good reviews. I disagree with Sir Degrader, and I'm having fun playing it. Other games that it plays similar to are Enter the Matrix and Ninja Gaiden.

And you don't *ruin* the movie so much as you augment it. With the Enter the Matrix game, I understood the movie much better having played the game.

Here's a spoilerish article of what's in the game that you may not see in the movie:
http://xbox.gamespy.com/xbox/star-wa.../608372p1.html

IGN thought it sucket butt: http://ps2.ign.com/articles/610/610501p3.html?fromint=1

Note that though IGN gave it a 4.5/10, the readers rated it a 9/10. IGN's articles make a lot of good points -- that are equally applicable to RotK or any of these games. Perhaps even Ninja Gaiden, as holy as it is.

[ 05-09-2005, 11:09 AM: Message edited by: Timber Loftis ]
Old 05-09-2005, 02:01 PM   #9
Sythe
Ra

Tried on Xbox at my friends house and was not too impressed. But my mind is not wholly made up
Old 05-10-2005, 03:13 AM   #10
Timber Loftis
40th Level Warrior

One thing I have to say is that the multiplayer is nice -- fighting head-to-head, that is. Once you've unlocked some characters, it's very cool. My wife, who *dislikes* video games, enjoyed taking the femal jedi and trouncing my butt using Anakin. It's also tres cool to fight with Vader vs. (old) Obi Wan in the DS from Ep. IV. Another cool one is Ani vs. Vader, or young Ben v. Vader.

I finished the game and got all the main scenes. It's very cool.

SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING
SPOILER WARNING

The scene where Ani return to find Mace Windu about to gut Senator Palpatine is cool. It's a nice way to work in his slide toward the dark side. Mace wants to kill Palpatine, but Ani insists that he must stand trial -- Jedi don't assassinate (funny, he's killed hundreds by that point -- but I digress). Neither will relent, and a fight ensues.

Other cool scenes are surrounding Grievous's ship, including his hair-brained space escape, and the before and after cut-scenes regarding Ben and Ani's final fight. Yes, Ben does cut his legs off -- and takes his light saber (ouch!).

Ani's ending is cool, too. He whacks Ben and then returns to Palpatine, who hands him his new lightsaber. He then uses it to impale Palpatine. Double Ouch!

A decent game. As with Enter the Matrix, I bought it to get a glimpse into the movie, including additional footage, and I was not disappointed.