Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Miscellaneous Games (RPG or not)

Old 02-17-2002, 04:16 AM   #1
Pangur Ban

Do not read below unless you have finished the game, OR want to spoil the biggest surprise in the game !!!!!!!
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
/
The biggest surprise was not what was revealed in the end game, but what happened after the credits were shown. An endgame save was made !!! Dare we hope that one day, some day, we might get Wizardry 9? The continuing adventures of the new Cosmic Lords?

Pang [img]graemlins/cat3.gif[/img]
Old 02-17-2002, 06:05 AM   #2
Mage_77
Manshoon

quote:
Dare we hope that one day, some day, we might get Wizardry 9? The continuing adventures of the new Cosmic Lords?

Very very unlikely unless another company picks up the reins as Sirtech isnt likely to produce Wizardry 9
Old 02-17-2002, 11:50 AM   #3
Urit
Elite Waterdeep Guard

I finished the game yesterday. I think I used the "Tear out Page" ending and fought the DS.

Today:

New party!
Urit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2002, 01:00 PM   #4
Dajjer
The Magister

The ending was probably created before the company got into trouble.

But I think, it is possible for a sequel to happen. If they can make a sequel to the Brady Bunch, they can make a sequel to this, even if it takes another 5 to 10 years.
Dajjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 12:14 PM   #5
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

The worst thing about "If it will bee an number 9" is that they did not get an good publisher for wiz8 and that is WERY bad because they maby lost sales of thousand`s of games sold because they had no advertising in magaziens none at all as i can remember! So pouple that never played any Wizadry game dont knove about the game!
They could maby have funding wiz8 AND 9 fully if they had the publisher in hand!
But let us hope maby it will be an wiz 9 in the meen time i look forward to M&M 9, Heroes of M&M 4, Thief 3 and DeusEx 2!
But al you guys REMEMBER to save all you End Savegames this time on a safe place this time and let us hope for an Wiz 9!!!!!

[ 02-19-2002: Message edited by: Megabot ]

Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2002, 04:03 PM   #6
Zud
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Here Here!!!!

I am playing my second party until the release of HMM4 next month [img]smile.gif[/img] I am a huge HMM fan and eagerly await the release since last september. Now I am dissapointed that it's original release will not include multi player support (mebe a patch in a month or two is the current word)
Zud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 12:18 PM   #7
Megabot
Ma'at - Goddess of Truth & Justice

Hi there Zud that diden`t i knowe about that they not have an multi player support for HOMM 4 but it dosent matter for me because i dont ever play multi player games tried Diablo II on internet playing and Homm 3 but it was boring i think the only game that have been cool to play over the internet must be "Total Annihilation" that is a good game!
Megabot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2002, 12:51 PM   #8
Mage_77
Manshoon

Problem is Megabot about the advertising is that "Sirtech" ran into money problems before the game was even finished. There was "ALOT" more planned to go into Wizardry 8 that got dropped (accessing the ship thats sunk in Arnika, The spaceship in Arnika from what ive heard were going to be used before the money trouble). You can usually find where things seems to have been changed during the make-up of the game as in places things seem to be either missing or the story doesnt seem quite right as you go through Wiz 8.

"Due to the money problems is mostly why there probably wont be a Wiz 9"