Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-16-2005, 03:08 AM   #101
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Neverending Nights - Episode 18: Pepper Flavored? - A mere 18 megs in size - this short episode has our heroes meet an old friend from a previous episode! Also, that old friend apparently knows the location of... The Dragon? Could it be? Are the pieces all falling into place? As we draw closer and closer to Episode 21 - Season One's big ending - it looks like our heroes are on the right trail after all... And it only cost them like... five gold.

As a side note - there was an assortment of issues with using the original footage Adam had provided me. So most of it is refilmed, and limited to one computer, vs the four we normally use for Adam's. But I was lazy, impatient, and bored, so I didn't want to refilm it. So I think filming wise, it's a weak episode (because it's done by me, rather than Adam who has a good eye for what makes a good shot - but thankfully, it's short - so it shouldn't be too painful).

You can comment over here.

Enjoy!

Old 10-23-2005, 03:32 AM   #102
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Two things!

If you enjoy Neverending Nights, and you enjoy MONOPOLY - well, we have just the answer for you! How about a Unofficial Neverending Nights Monopoly Game where you could use a pebble to "Kick Rocks" as a piece and use a blue (or green) dice to represent the "Ice Cube Monster" as a piece - rather than a boot, dog, or race car?

Sounds crazy, I know! But have you seen our videos? We are that crazy!

Speaking of our videos and crazy!

Well, I had a free moment (between packing - in case we ever friggin' move!) - and got a little itchy. Didn't have everything for Episode 19 ready yet, so I looked to do something with the old footage.

I ended up making a "Recap/Teaser" about Season One with hints about Season Two.

Neverending Nights - Recap - (35.7 Megs, 8:15 in length) - there's nothing really new to be found here. And the music (Carmen Buana - O! Fortuna may tend to get a bit... bothersome as I cut and looped the music - and 8 minutes of intense music may wear and tear on the nerves). But like I said, I needed a small break from packing and this was the result. Feel free to download it and do what you will.

Old 10-27-2005, 12:39 AM   #103
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Please head over and check out the latest news on Neverending Nights.. I am very excited. And so tempted to fly to New York for this event...

But I was also a little confused... And let me explain why!

So I wrote and asked some more details about what all of this meant.

After all, if you look here - You won't see NeN mentioned anywhere. And fearful of another "Bitfilm Incident" (where they accidently emailed EVERYONE who submitted and it said they got in) - I figured I'd ask for clarification.

Quote:
I was curious. I got the email that says NeN was accepted - but I guess I am
confused. When I look at this page:

http://festival.machinima.org/module...showpage&pid=5

There is no reference to NeN. [img]smile.gif[/img] Being this is my first Machinima Film
Festival - my brain may simply be missing the point. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Any clarification would be greatly appreciated!
Paul, over at the 2Thousand5 Awards (who has been so exceptionally cool - more on that later) wrote back:

Quote:
Hi Tawmis-

Sorry for the confusion - we're operating on little sleep over here, and
with time rushing past us, we havent been able to post a listing of all
of the selected films.

When films are submitted to the fest, they're first reviewedfor
inclusion into the festival. The selected films are then awarded
"Official Selection" status. The selected films are then reviewed for
consideration for the Machinima Awards. To that, the films you see
posted are the Machinima Awards chosen for award nomination..

But as you pointed out - that page is confusing. The title reads "2005
Award Nominations and Selections" - and it only lists the nominations.
My apologies for that. We will be posting the selections later tonight
(of which NeN will be listed)

Thanks for reaching out about it and again, for submitting your work.
We're honored to have it as part of our fest.
Old 11-11-2005, 03:05 AM   #104
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Episode 19 will probably be out NEXT Friday (as in not tomorrow). Both Adam and I are flying out to New York to attend the 2Thousand5 Machinima Film Festival, since Neverending Nights was one of the selections for Comedy. (This means we're not up for an Award, but a small portion of NeN will be played during the show).

So we fly out tomorrow at 6:30am and will be flying back home on Sunday, and should arrive Sunday Eve. And I will probably begin editing either Sunday or Monday (depending on how wiped out I am). But you can probably look forward to a lot of pictures...
Old 11-13-2005, 11:32 PM   #105
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Not a lot of replies... and I feel like I am shameless bumping (but they're legit updates!)...

Machinima 2Thousand5 Film Festival is officially over. If you care to see some of the pictures of the event, head over to the forum and enjoy! That's only a small fraction I am sure of the pictures to come!
Old 11-13-2005, 11:45 PM   #106
T-D-C
Ironworks Moderator

Sorry mate I really do enjoy the films that you put out. I also really appriciate that you take the time to let us know whats going on.

Suffice to say I really enjoyed Episode 18.

Thanks for the updates!
Old 11-22-2005, 01:43 AM   #107
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Not a problem! Very familiar with not having much time (just bought my first home... talk about chaos!) I just wanna make sure I am not giving off the impression that I am... spamming, if no one replies, ya know? [img]smile.gif[/img]

But as long as someone is enjoying it - hey, I am more than glad to continue with the updates!

And speaking of updates...

... since we fubar'ed on delivering Episode 19 of Neverending Nights - we figured we would give you at least SOME kind of NeN Goodness! (How can we deny the millions - and millions! - of NeN fans some NeN tastey goodness?)

I have a ton of out take audio to go through - and I plan on doing that this week (unless we get Christi's lines for Episode 19, 20 and 21) - so that way, we can at least offer some silly out takes as fillers, while we buy our time for releasing Episode 19! (EDIT: By Adam Freese. Tawm's a dumb ass sometimes. You can't type out our plan then say, as long as they don't know we're fine!).

So anyway, this is not an out take reel. It is however, the small intro that we put in front of our submission to the 2Thousand5 Machinima Film Festival. It's about a minute and 20 (or 30?) seconds long. It's not much, but it's something!

Neverending Nights - 2Thousand5 Machinima Film Festival Submission Intro. (12.1 Megs. Right Click... Save As...)

&
Old 11-29-2005, 11:52 PM   #108
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

Mad

Well, who would have thought this day would ever come?! But yes - ladies and gentlemen! (Well, no real gentlemen come to this site... but anyway!) - I present to you - Neverending Nights - Episode 19: A Little Magic! (27.1 Megs - Right Click - Save As...) A small amount of disk space for about 7 minutes of NeN goodness! It just makes the world a better place, doesn't it? What's in store for this episode? Well, you won't believe when - ... You know. You have waited long enough. I don't want to spoil anything for you. So why don't you just go ahead and download it and enjoy, eh?

Old 12-13-2005, 03:26 AM   #109
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

The folks of Machinimag.com have released the latest issue of their PDF online magazine! Lucky issue #7 proved once again to be our lucky number! Why's that? Is Neverending Nights mentioned? Well. No. Not really. But if you look closely - well, not even closely - you will see the ugly mugs of Adam and I both in the picture (Adam even got in twice!)

So go on! Download MachiniMag #7 (10.9 megs of goodness!) and give it a look! And don't forget to bookmark their site for future issue releases! These guys can't be all that bad if they're bold enough to shove pictures of Adam and I in there!

Old 12-15-2005, 11:27 PM   #110
Vaprakgruumsh
Drizzt Do'Urden

So when Adam and I started Neverending Nights - we never really expected much. We hardly expected it to really go beyond five episodes. Now we're fast approaching Episode 21, the end of Season One! And it's been an incredible voyage so far!

We've been in PC GAMER UK, Interviewed by Bioware (the makers of Neverwinter Nights, as if you didn't know that already, right?), we were an official selection of the Machinima 2Thousand5 Film Festival, we've opened an online store, found ourselves mentioned on quite a few other sites and forums, found our videos on Machinima.com (the kind folks who also offer Quicktime Streaming versions!), we had a brief appearance in MachiniMag #7, and on and on and on.

But you know what is always very cool to me?

The "fans" of the series. When Adam and I kicked this off - like I said - we didn't expect to do more than five episodes before losing interest. We never imagined we would have "fans."

We've been blessed enough to have a fan ask for our autograph, and even autographed TMRiddle's copy of Neverwinter Nights! Nameless, one of the users here (who doesn't pop in so much) even launched the first ever (and probably ONLY!) Neverending Nights Fan Site! We have also had Derek of OriginalConsole.com made a few cool NeN Wallpapers using his comic sprites, among other pieces of fan art by several others! All of that has been incredible - and I thought I had seen it all! Then, sotc comes along and surprises us by showing off a cool NeN necklace she had made! Talk about cool! I was totally floored!

All seemed quiet in the fan section! Until just about a week ago. A user on our forum, SnafeDarkrold contacted me about a musical piece he had created, inspired by Neverending Nights. Naturally, I was floored to hear this. So when he sent me the piece, I really enjoyed it! I edited the file to include information about himself and NeN - and have uploaded the mp3 of Neverending Nights - Fanfare here! (Right Click, Save As... Less than a meg in size).

So I just wanted to take a quick second and thank you all - whether you have done a piece of fan art, launched a fan site, made a necklace, or made a musical piece - or even if you have done none of that, and you simply enjoy our videos - Thanks!

Now, I will cease my rambling for now and pass out.