Visit the Ironworks Gaming Website Email the Webmaster Graphics Library Rules and Regulations Help Support Ironworks Forum with a Donation to Keep us Online - We rely totally on Donations from members Donation goal Meter

Ironworks Gaming Radio

Ironworks Gaming Forum

Go Back   Ironworks Gaming Forum > Ironworks Gaming Forums > Neverwinter Nights 1 & 2 Also SoU & HotU Forum

Old 10-23-2002, 11:13 AM   #11
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Link:
Well... I'm not having the problems that you say you have, but I do have the following problem. I already addressed it, but I need to be sure if it really is that specific problem;
Every time I close NWN (or another game, but it's NWN what I play most) the computer shuts down completely, restarting, and saying: "The system just restored a huge error". I really don't understand what's happening, so I asked what was wrong, and I got the answer (here @ EG) that my drivers for my video card were probably wrong. Is this true, or is it something else. I can tell you that NWN is the original, and not some fake ass copy.
Thanks in advance!
Having the correct drivers is very important. I've never had that problem, but you should definately go to the self help forum at bioware, and run a search. If you can't find the answer post with as much info about it as possible, including systems specs and someone should help.
Old 10-23-2002, 11:15 AM   #12
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by banzai:

Some guy posted his solution for his stutter problem. He wrote in his case it wasn´t a driver or even system issue. A simple matter of disconnecting peripherals - he tried one after the other and when he disconnected his printer (yes - it was power-off when playing) the stutter was gone nad never returned.
As far as I can remember he even wrote this procedure (testing the peripherals) solved the stutter problem for one of his friends.

Hope that helps at least a little ...
I think I've heard of that guy...he's brilliant AND good looking...LOL!
Old 10-23-2002, 11:39 PM   #13
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie
Elite Waterdeep Guard

Question Mark

That guy posted on the nwn.bioware.com board. I am trying to see if he can help me with my stutter.
Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2002, 09:55 AM   #14
Ronn_Bman
Zartan

Quote:
Originally posted by Guenhwyvar & Catti-brie:
That guy posted on the nwn.bioware.com board. I am trying to see if he can help me with my stutter.
If you aren't "joshing" me.....

I'm that guy...lol.

Here's a link to my thread on this board.

On the Bioware board the thread is called "I've completely solved my stutter problem" if you want to check it out.

Mine is a pretty simple fix. If I'd checked my peripherals first, I could have saved myself lots of trouble.

If this doesn't work, do a search at bioware on stutter. There are lots of tweaks people have used successfully, but unfortunately, some people can't solve their stutter.

Good Luck!